Excellent Wing View Approach in to Sydney

Scott Harmes

On 12/24/2021 at 2:32 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent video Scott.  One thing I'm amazed at is how many of the houses and other buildings have red roofs.   Why is this?

And I thought the Atlanta metro region was huge, this area makes Atlanta look downright puny.

Hi Jack, not sure about the red roofs, but good point.  It's kind of similar in Melbourne.  Most extended city/suburb areas seem to have more tiled roofs than tin, and I suppose the range of colours is limited to earthy colours.  There are a range of colurs from reddish to brownish, and I guess they are just natural colours for the clay they make tiles from.  Greyish/blue tiles are also fairly common.  You're right about the size too.  Both Sydney and Melbourne are huge if you include the outer suburbs.  I work all over Melbourne, and it can take me two hours some days to drive from one side of Melbourne to the other, and that's not even from the extreme edges.  Then again, some days if the traffic is heavy, and if I leave at a bad time, it will take me one hour to drive home from work; about a 15km drive :rolleyes:.

• Like 1