True Earth GB North and Earth Sims Isle of Man scenery conflict

Myself and other users are encountering a scenery conflict between TE GB North and the ES Isle of Man scenery.

I have narrowed this down to the True Earth GB North 'custom' scenery layer.

It causes an almost (but not 100%, there are a couple of tiny areas unaffected) loss of autogen across the Isle of Man.

With this Orbx scenery layer disabled, ALL of the Earth Sims scenery autogen is displayed.

I have tested the impact of all other non default scenery and it does a not affect this.

I have the Isle of Man scenery enabled as an add-on through xml

Edit: italicised text no longer relevant

[I'd be grateful if Orbx could help out with a bit of info to save time pinning down the files which may need to be disabled please?

Which of the bgl files in that folder cover the IOM please, the naming conventional escapes me, as the names do not appear to match up to lat/long co-ords..]

I have noted this previous support topic for P3Dv4, which was unresponded to.

What does the stated file do please?

Thanks for your help

K

Edited by kevinfirth
Updated info

As Kevin so kindly pointed out to me recently after I had reinstalled P3Dv4, I previously isolated the source of the "missing ES Isle of Man" autogen to the Region_GBN_as_Z.bgl file in the TrueEarth GB North Custom scenery folder. Disabling this results in the Isle of Man autogen being displayed.

My question is......what does the above file do, and what am I missing by disabling it?

Sadly Chris, if there has been no reply to your old post, I don't know whether there will be one to this thread either.  My impression was that Orbx originally left IOM out of TEUK because they wanted to support ES.  Since there is a conflict with this file, that aim hasn't been fully met.  Even a little info about what the file does (apart from suppressing autogen!), would be useful please, @Nick Cooper?

Edited by kevinfirth

The one time I remember having discussions about this type of file was with Sascha Normann when it's absence was causing a loss of certain autogen objects in some of our sceneries.

From what I remember it was to do with making sure our sceneries were looking for their autogen in the correct 'Region' within the autogen configuration files.

Never did fully understand the details!

Why it causes the loss of ES autogen I don't know I'm afraid (I see the same in P3Dv4) but it's removal will cause some missing patches of autogen in the TEGB North area.

All the best,

John

46 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

it's removal will cause some missing patches of autogen in the TEGB North area.

Thanks John, that's interesting, do you happen to recall what it's removal will cause to be missing? I haven't noticed anything specific missing as a result of de-activating that file... Yet! I hope @Sascha Normann or @Holger Sandmann are able to chime in with any extra info.

In an ideal world a solution where the two sceneries can co-exist fully would be appreciated, but if it's not technically possible for some reason (or just not cost effective to actualise) then we'll have to live with the side effects of deactivating the file.

much appreciated gents thankyou :)

4 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

In an ideal world a solution where the two sceneries can co-exist fully would be appreciated

Hi Kevin,

Spent too much of my life trying to make sceneries play nicely together!

I doubt there is a simple solution to this one and I suspect it's technical. From what I recall the most obvious consequence of de-activating the file is a loss of autogen vegetation in some places.

All the best,

John

13 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi Kevin,

Spent too much of my life trying to make sceneries play nicely together!

I doubt there is a simple solution to this one and I suspect it's technical. From what I recall the most obvious consequence of de-activating the file is a loss of autogen vegetation in some places.

All the best,

John

Cheers, I’d be interested in learning the technical reason just for the sake of it, yes I’m a geek sorry …. Merry Christmas!