FTX Regions: Deactivate Airports?

demio

Hello everybody,

I have a few FTX regions (GEN & GES, NO, AU, NZSI). I also have some Orbx airports, other payware airports, and freeware airfields, all in all 150 add-ons, in the aforementioned regions.

Exhibit A: When installing the other payware and especially freeware add-ons, I usually move the corresponding airport files out of the scenery folder of the region (e.g. ...\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery), and then the check for duplicate objects. (Sometimes I have to mod older add-ons with an exclusion for V5 compatibility - not a big deal, at lot of them still look pretty darn good and are worth the while.)

Exhibit B: I only activate the departure and destination (and alternate :rollmyeyes:) airport sceneries. Firstly for performance reasons (no stutters), secondly because not all airfields have (automatically configured) seasonal ground textures and thus can stick out like a sore thumb.

The result of these two things combined is that not-activated airports are hardly recognizable when I only overfly them. Trees everywhere, runways almost as thin as the center line, and no buildings.

This, of course, is to be expected. But I would like to find a way around it, without re-activating all of the airport sceneries from the regions and going through and creating excludes and whatnot for up to 150 airports.

I am now hoping that there are exclusion files for the P3D default airports that come with the FTX regions that I can also deactivate? That would re-activate the default airport sceneries, which aren't pretty, but are much less likely to "intrude".

So, long story short: Do FTX regions have exclusion files for default airports, and if they do, what am I looking for? Or is there another possibility I'm missing here?

Kind regards,

Dimitrios

Hello,

I have read that the regions' airports were to be all reviewed and updated to be fully compatible with P3D v5.

You can read it too, here:

Orbx Region updates for Prepar3D v5 - PREPAR3D® V5.x Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxdirect.com)

I believe that the regions' exclude files exclude everything and that disabling them would make a mess of the rest of the region.

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I believe that the regions' exclude files exclude everything and that disabling them would make a mess of the rest of the region.

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, as I have read that large exclusions (used to?) trigger a bug.

Hi there,

indeed, all our FTX regions have a set of exclusion files that cover the entire area. If removed or deactivated, this will lead to tons of duplications and other display issues across the product's coverage area.

With typically several hundred airports per region, it's just not feasible to cut "windows" in the area-wide exclusions for each airport and then create separate exclusion files for it. Probably wouldn't be particularly performance-friendly either. In other words, sorry but there's only one set of excludes to rule them all ;-)

Cheers, Holger

• Thanks 1