Orbx folder not recognised by P3Dv5.3.

Sotiris

Hi,

I installed Orbx libaries, Global Base Pack, Global Vector, openLC Africa, openLC Europe and ObjectFlow as well.

As with P3Dv.5.2HF1, the same issue is repeated and P3Dv5.3 cannot "see" the Orbx external library placed at C:\.

Even though an addon-xml file exists in each one folder. I am wondering if addon-xml should be placed in the main

Orbx folder or all those Orbx items must be reinstalled within P3D main folder.

Thanks,

Sotiris Stavrakis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Where is your Orbx ObjectFlow installed? If it is in the C:\users\name file structure, please uninstall from there and create a new library in a location outside the Windows file structure such as C:\Orbx...then reinstall it to the new location.

Also be sure to run your PC and simulator as administrator.

@Doug Sawatzky thanks,

All Global items I installed (migrated) them in a new set up Library C:\Orbx which I created.

All other Europe, North America etc. scenery, they by default get installed in C:\Users\..(my name)..\Orbx Library\p3dv5\

I did it like this and still the Orbx ObjectFlow folder remains in Add-ons library, at the bottom and Disabled.

Below is how EGSG Stapleford looks in P3Dv5.3 with ObjectFlow disabled (and unable to be re enabled).

There are ObjectFlow buildings missing there.

Screen Shot 12-21-21 at 07.57 PM.JPG

I am Admin in my PC and run it as Admin.

Edited by petakas

Ok thanks

Please confirm you have moved Objectflow from the C:\users file structure.

Then, lets delete the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Then restart the sim to have them rebuilt.

Then open Orbx Central and go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

Then close Orbx Central and retest the sim for Objectflow installation.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ok thanks

Please confirm you have moved Objectflow from the C:\users file structure.

Then, lets delete the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Then restart the sim to have them rebuilt.

Then open Orbx Central and go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

Then close Orbx Central and retest the sim for Objectflow installation.

I am also having this same problem; I tried your suggestion and it still doesn't work. No Orbx scenery is visible

• 3 weeks later...