Harvard over the Sussex Coast

D0S

I recently purchased the Reno Air Races base pack expansion purely for the aircraft models, so that I could get myself the T-6 Texan (aka Harvard in the Commonwealth) and start downloading the 3rd party repaints that have been popping up on flightsim.to.

This morning I took an ex Royal Canadian Air Force example on a morning sortie along the Sussex coastline, from Orbx's beautiful Shoreham (EGKA) overhead the new photogrammetry areas of Brighton and Eastbourne that came with World Update 7, then back inland along the South Downs to the River Adur, which leads back to the airfield.

Enjoy the shots, there’s quite a few of them! 

Screenshot-11403.png

Screenshot-11410.png

Screenshot-11412.png

Screenshot-11415.png

Screenshot-11418.png

Screenshot-11434.png

Screenshot-11438.png

Screenshot-11469.png

Screenshot-11471.png

Screenshot-11479.png

Screenshot-11486.png

Screenshot-11493.png

Screenshot-11494.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

That bird looks superb. I'm thinking of buying that package too for the very same reason. How does she fly, Andy?

Thanks for the kind words guys. My experience is similar to what IntoTheBlue discovered on the review @Fizzelleshared the link to. Beautiful visual model, superb sound kit (kept having to turn my speakers down due to the roar of the prop!), but flight model is somewhat lacking. It feels very overpowered for the size/power of the aircraft class, and can also be flown with relative stability at 60mph which is below the published stall speed in landing configuration!

There are some good tips on landing technique, along with correct speeds to use and videos examples from another RW operator here: https://www.t6harvard.com/pilot-stories/t-6-landings-by-a-goodall/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zkdos said:

but flight model is somewhat lacking. It feels very overpowered for the size/power of the aircraft class, and can also be flown with relative stability at 60mph which is below the published stall speed in landing configuration!

Thanks Andy. So we can expect some mods soon over on flightsim.to I hope, in case the plane is not encrypted.

• Like 1