Square textures along Nigeria coast

Heronjr

I have Open LC Africa and I don't know if the problem is P3Dv52 or LC Africa. Flying from Lagos , Nigeria DNMM airport to the East following the coast, there are some perfectly squared textures by the sea, following the extension of the Lagos and Lekki lagoons. The textures are of the same pattern of the continent textures.

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Doug,

Yes I checked the maps. The region I'm talking about is the map below. As you can see, there are any islands along this coast, let alone some big squared. As soon as my Windows give me access to my captured images folder, I will send you the squared islands pictures.

image.thumb.png.2f07221f0e4d0a8b7e389f196bbfa1f9.png

Sorry about the late answer - family health problems. We are okay now.

Happy holidays

• Like 1

Hi Doug,

Finally, I could access the image folder and found the squared island along the Nigeria coast between Lagos and the Lekki laggons, two of each you can see in the attached picture.

Regards

2021-11-24_19-13-17-672.png

Edited by Heronjr

Hello Heronjr,

Out of curiosity, I took a short flight at this location. I took off at DNMM, turned to the south, and looked out for the squares. But I wasn't able to see them. It might be something on your end.

I would probably try to uninstall and re-install OpenLC Africa.

Regards,

Mathieu

Okay folks, I will reinstall OpenLC Africa and try flying that coast again. Around this continent, I do not have anything but OpenLC Africa. I have been flying for a while around the Africa coast and this is the only place with squared islands.

Regards

Hello all

1. Uninstalled OpenLC Africa and OpenLC Mesh Africa and took a flight along the coast to East and back. No squared islands and, even using the default land class and mesh, the result was very good.
  2. Reinstalled OpenLC Africa and OpenLC Mesh Africa and took the same flight along the coast to East. No more squared islands as well as any inland squared textures, nor straight beaches, triangular lakes, etc.
  3. Don't need to fear the crocodiles in some rivers there because they can't fly.

I consider this subject resolved. Thanks again for your support.

Regards, and happy holidays.

• Thanks 1