Neil Hill reader age range

36 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Although I don't contribute to threads in this area, I am a avid reader of them, and probably one of the younger at 23

Okay, EasternT3, I hereby declare you mature enough to start contributing to these threads. We old guys need someone young to snap our suspenders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

To Kodiak73 and everyone,

most of us here understand that like it or not, aging is part of a natural process. We all try to make the best of it, knowing with full certainty that we will not last forever. I am not a religious person, but I do believe this:

I do not know if an afterlife exists. But I do know that if I take care of this one, anything after will take care of itself.

sherm 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Holy sh.. inny 74, never knew growing old went so fast. 

When younger I believed "time flies when you're having fun.". Now I realize that at our age time flies whether we're having fun or not.

Ken

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Holy sh.. inny 74, never knew growing old went so fast. 

When younger I believed "time flies when you're having fun.". Now I realize that at our age time flies whether we're having fun or not.

Ken

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kodiak73 said:

I really appreciate all that everyone has shared, it makes it a little easier to realize that there are still some good people in this world. God Bless you All, Dave S.(aka Kodiak73)

Dave, you are in my prayers, and I hope for the best for you.

Ken

• Upvote 4

born 1935 - @86 - I constantly stop and think of how much history has happened since I was born in the closing  stages of the depression

in the cotton/coal belt of Lancashire in The North of England

Apart from various wars - starting with the Spanish - most of the Worlds Famous bridges - the original Queen Mary liner - 4 monarchs-

12 British prime ministers - the first flights of the Tiger Moth - Spitfire and Hurricane etc etc - and 50 glorious years of living in AUSTRALIA

- and - just like an Aussie cricketer in the current Ashes test series - against England - Making it to 100 not out;)

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

born 1935 - @86 - I constantly stop and think of how much history has happened since I was born in the closing  stages of the depression

in the cotton/coal belt of Lancashire in The North of England

Apart from various wars - starting with the Spanish - most of the Worlds Famous bridges - the original Queen Mary liner - 4 monarchs-

12 British prime ministers - the first flights of the Tiger Moth - Spitfire and Hurricane etc etc - and 50 glorious years of living in AUSTRALIA

- and - just like an Aussie cricketer in the current Ashes test series - against England - Making it to 100 not out;)

Plus the time to learn most of life's lessons. Good on ya, mate!

• Like 3