TE Spain South airport fixes

A couple of customers have reported issues with autogen colliding with some default airports.

I've updated the airports here to include the correct exclusions and attached here. Please download, extract the folder and drop this in to you Custom Scenery folder, overwriting the folder already there.

This fixes these airports:

LEAL
LEBA
LEMO
LEOC
LEMX

LEMG

Please report any others you find here, and we'll get these patched to Orbx Central and also submitted to Laminar Research.

Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports.zip

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

A couple of customers have reported issues with autogen colliding with some default airports.

I've updated the airports here to include the correct exclusions and attached here. Please download, extract the folder and drop this in to you Custom Scenery folder, overwriting the folder already there.

LEAL
LEBA
LEMO
LEOC
LEMX

Please report any others you find here, and we'll get these patched to Orbx Central and also submitted to Laminar Research.

Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports.zip 728.77 kB · 1 download

Hi Tony;

I unzipped the file into E:\Orbx Libray\xp11\TrueEarth EU Spain South HD\Custom Scenery which is my Orbx Library specified in Orbx Central. This is the contents of the scenery_packs.ini:

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_EU_Spain_South_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_EU_Spain_South_TE_Default/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_EU_Spain_South_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_E_EU_Spain_South_TE_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

This is the result:

HRFCHuK.jpg

I've also attached my log.txt file because there are some notation in there about the scenery but that's a bit beyond me.

Cheers

Log.txt

14 hours ago, manidep271 said:

I just tried to edit the above but it wouldn't let me. Just wanted to add that I started flights at the other four airports and LEAL appears to be the only airport that is showing any kind of problem.

Please expand what you mean. You unzip the file and use it to replace the existing Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports

9 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@manidep271Which airport is the pic of please

Hi Jon;

The pic is of LEAL. What I meant by unzipping the file is extracting the files from the .zip file that Tony posted above. I use 7zip and it allows me to specify where I want to unzip files to when opening a .zip archive. Since my Orbx TE scenery is in a library folder, I extracted the files into the Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports folder that is there. When I read your question just now, I wondered if somehow that would have messed things up so I ran the validate files and then copied Tony's fix to the custom scenery folder in the X-Plane folder. The result of that was exactly the same as what I did the first time.

After the above results, I put my modified version of LEAL (that I sent you that is simply the original LEAL included in the TE Airports that I pulled out with WED and added the exclusion zones) back into my custom scenery folder and everything came out perfectly:

2KrYJMw.png

I have to admit I'm totally baffled. The exclusion zones I use are for facades only in the terminal area and for facades and objects to the left of the terminal area because of other little buildings that pop up in that area where they shouldn't. Putting my modified version over Tony's patched version shouldn't have a different result than when my modified version is not present.

This is the scenery_pack.ini for the above: 

I
1000 version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Alicante/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports/ (updated with Tony's patch)
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_EU_Spain_South_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_EU_Spain_South_TE_Default/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_EU_Spain_South_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_E_EU_Spain_South_TE_Orthos/

Edited by manidep271

8 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I need to talk with Tony the Dev via email so I will get back to you as soon as I have made contact and he responds. Probably not for a day or so due to weekend.

Thanks, Jon. With regards to other questions, do you want me to start new threads for different subjects?

You could group them into one new post as it is not actually a technical support topic but place the new post in this XP support forum.

Be aware that Tony spends limited time on the forum due to workload, so maybe if I relayed your questions to him it may be simpler

15 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

You could group them into one new post as it is not actually a technical support topic but place the new post in this XP support forum.

Be aware that Tony spends limited time on the forum due to workload, so maybe if I relayed your questions to him it may be simpler

Thanks, Jon, I'll do that. Mostly, I would just want to confirm that if I come across anything that doesn't seem right, it's not my installation that would be the issue. If that can be done without bugging Tony, so much the better. I'll start a topic called "TE Spain Observations" and put anything there.

Cheers

17 hours ago, Ashley Jones said:

This is Aerosoft Malaga payware. 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:10 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Please attach your scenery_packs,ini so I can check it.

I still need your y_packs.ini please as we think it is a layering issue within the scenery_packs.ini

On 11/19/2021 at 12:37 PM, Tony Wroblewski said:

LEAL
LEBA
LEMO
LEOC
LEMX

Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports.zip 728.77 kB · 24 downloads

I'm mean, i see the same problem in Valancia, LEVC. Can you check and add the exclusion zone? Please

Edited by 600N818

57 minutes ago, 600N818 said:

I'm mean, i see the same problem in Valancia, LEVC. Can you check and add the exclusion zone? Please

Hello;

LEVC is not one of the Orbx created airports. I saw the same yesterday and, yes, facade and object exclusions do take care of the problem but this would be something you would need to do. I submitted my fix to the gateway so, hopefully, it will make it into the next round of XP.

Cheers.

• Like 1

@Jon Clarke, I have come across several other airports with Orbx autogen bleed through occurring. As I have looked at each one in WED, the common thread is that the airport modelers are not using exclusion zones efficiently. Typically, when I create the small airports that I have done, I utilize the exclusion zones to eliminate all possibilities to avoid surprises. I am seeing exclusions for road networks, sometimes forests, sometimes objects but rarely facades. The Orbx autogen appears to be falling into the facade category so it will show up at every airport where facades are not excluded. I think this issue is beyond what Orbx should reasonably be expected to handle and it needs to go to the folks who check airports before they are included in X-Plane. TE Southern Spain is not the only place I have seen this happen. I have seen default autogen buildings and trees at airports that are located in default X-Plane scenery. Apparently, exclusion zones are not well monitored. At least that is the conclusion I have arrived at and, as the saying goes, your mileage may vary since this only one person's opinion.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, manidep271 said:

@Jon Clarke, I have come across several other airports with Orbx autogen bleed through occurring. As I have looked at each one in WED, the common thread is that the airport modelers are not using exclusion zones efficiently. Typically, when I create the small airports that I have done, I utilize the exclusion zones to eliminate all possibilities to avoid surprises. I am seeing exclusions for road networks, sometimes forests, sometimes objects but rarely facades. The Orbx autogen appears to be falling into the facade category so it will show up at every airport where facades are not excluded. I think this issue is beyond what Orbx should reasonably be expected to handle and it needs to go to the folks who check airports before they are included in X-Plane. TE Southern Spain is not the only place I have seen this happen. I have seen default autogen buildings and trees at airports that are located in default X-Plane scenery. Apparently, exclusion zones are not well monitored. At least that is the conclusion I have arrived at and, as the saying goes, your mileage may vary since this only one person's opinion.

Cheers.

@Tony Wroblewski for comment please

11 hours ago, Ashley Jones said:

I have said  to be fair that it is the Aerosoft payware version of Malaga.

I am asking because the entry in your scenery_packs does not have the prefix of Aerosoft in the addons name. It just says :

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Malaga Airport/

Aerosoft addons always have the Aerosoft name in the entry like this:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/1-Aerosoft - Barcelona Airport/

I am not disputing the issue you are raising but want to know if the Malaga addon is from XP10. The issue is also with a Payware addon and Orbx has no rights to modify another developers addons like it can "fix" etc default airports

Well that would be because I am one of the devs the converted it over from p3d for Aerosoft And im just more then anything informing you and I believe our Aerosoft rep is in contact aswell I was not aware of this tho when I started the post. And you are quite right you can not go around messing with other developers payware Airports. Also there is a mesh issue aswell that is being discussed too.

I've updated the download in this thread to fix the missing airport buildings. Please redownload and replace the existing package

On 12/4/2021 at 5:13 AM, manidep271 said:

Cheers.

This is a correct observation. The majority of the airports (freeware and default) seem to be missing facade and sometimes objects exclusions which is why autogen is bleeding through. Whilst we had this problem in other regions, most of the airports were quickly resolved and uploaded to the scenery gateway (and LR also helped with this). I've done my best to update the ones I can, but going through every single airport in the region is way beyond the scope of the product, and the downside of distributing scenery gateway airports with the region is that they will no longer benefit from updates to LR's scenery gateway.

The scenery gateway is a community driven project and it relies on users creating and updating airports. Unlike the UK, Spanish airports haven't been given as much attention by the community. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please confirm you have replaced the original Orbx_A_EU_Spain_South_TE_Airports/ with the one posted at the beginning of this topic?

I also refer you to this post here from the Dev who made the conversion for Aerosoft:

On 12/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, Ashley Jones said:

Well that would be because I am one of the devs the converted it over from p3d for Aerosoft And im just more then anything informing you and I believe our Aerosoft rep is in contact aswell I was not aware of this tho when I started the post. And you are quite right you can not go around messing with other developers payware Airports. Also there is a mesh issue aswell that is being discussed too.

Is the fix files placed above Global Airports in your scenery_packs. If not then please place it there . Let me know.

Also is it default Malaga or an addon?

If it is an Aerosoft addon then I refer you to this post above:

Ashley Jones

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Is the fix files placed above Global Airports in your scenery_packs. If not then please place it there . Let me know.

Also is it default Malaga or an addon?

If it is an Aerosoft addon then I refer you to this post above:

Ashley Jones

Hi Jon,

sorry for posting in multiple pages.

ive done everything and i still have the annoying default buildings showing up and i have payware aerosoft malaga.

will there be a fix for this? 

really annoying i cant use one of my payware airports cos of the default building appearing in the scenery

On 12/10/2021 at 4:20 PM, bokepacha said:

Regarding the LEMG issue, I had it too and it's fixable by editing the airport in WeD. I had to work a few hours on it to make it work and it seems to be linked in part to the ortho provided.

Hi Bokepacha,

which parts of the airport can be fixed with WeD? 

at this point im willing to try anything 

Hi guys 

not sure if allowed to post this here but also asked aerosoft about this issue with malaga and they made the extra exclusion needed for malaga airport see attached picture this is with aerosofts extra exclusion zones. 

not sure if i can link the post from aerosofts forum page from a conversation between my self and a very kind gentleman from aerosoft ..... for those of us who enjoy malaga airport and also Orbx True Earth South Spain here is the link below we can finally fly without the random buildings in airport :D 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/168960-malaga-scenery-xp-issues/#comment-1066647

admins please remove if not allowed and i apologise  if the link isnt allowed on your forums 

Kind Regards 

Ross 

Happy flying to Malaga guys and girls!

7.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anything that can be done, on the airport floodlight poles there seems to be 2 rows of what I can only describe as black ants the length of the floodlights. 

I never took much notice about it until last night whilst watching FD2S taxi-ing at Alicante I could see the ants on his floodlight poles as well. If I remember correctly Malaga and Valencia is the same.

Edited by PH2