Will Orbx X Plane 11 products be compatible with XP 12 when released

Martyn Greig

Hi There...

It was just a thought, I moved to XP11 from XP10 about a year ago after investing a lot in a high end simulator, however after having spent a lot on Orbx mesh products and airports, it dawned on me that if I move to XP12 when released next year that they might not be compatible, therefore just wondering before I buy more Orbx mesh products, could anyone please let me know if still compatible or will I need to buy them all again or should I stick with XP11 given from what I can find out the update from XP11 to XP12 is concentrating only on sky and cloud type cover and not really on mesh !

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

After having X-Plane 12 for several days now and checking out most of the new version, I decided it was time to see if my Orbx scenery would work. I decided to try Washington and moved it over- no go- receiving an error message regarding missing files. Apparently v. 12 needs something v. 11 does not. Hopefully, Orbx is diligently working on the update.

It would also be nice to resolve the issues with Orbx Central and having multiple copies of X-Plane installed. Central will recognize my X-Plane installs on the RAID drive, but for some unknown and mysterious reason, will not recognize them on the internal drive. Even Apple's senior engineers haven't figured that one out, having spent hours on the phone with them trying to resolve permission issues. Manual installs are required for me to get Orbx scenery to the designated copy of X-Plane.

I'd be happy, however, with just getting my scenery to load in v. 12. 

Blue skies!

Edited by Oceansong

at this time I'd say we just have to wait, cobbling together something that might work can cause you no end of problems, we had this when P3D first came about..so far I have added 2 planes, both have v12 updates, however as XP12 is in EA they will be broken soon......I still have my other stuff in XP11 if I want a fix on a particular plane or scenery...I am reading so many posts elsewhere about people proclaiming this or that works and then moaning because the sim is crashing, it ain't ready yet, still testing....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceansong said:

After having X-Plane 12 for several days now and checking out most of the new version, I decided it was time to see if my Orbx scenery would work. I decided to try Washington and moved it over- no go- receiving an error message regarding missing files. Apparently v. 12 needs something v. 11 does not. Hopefully, Orbx is diligently working on the update.

Hello,

it should work, it does here.

Please see if this post is of any help to you.

Best to add all of your products, then you may be sure that you did not miss anything.

• 3 weeks later...

all my addons appear to work, however as an example at EGGD by Pilot Plus I am seeing double ground markings and unusual colouring on the tower, however it is BETA and these are not officially sanctioned for XP12 yet so I am not to concerned...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Thats a Cop out answer Nick from November 2022, its now August 2023 and still no answer :(

When is any Flight Sim like this ever finished? When is FS2020 ever finished, when is P3D ever finished? C'mon man, you can do better than this :(

Please go speak to your bosses about this again please, because folk really need to know we are your customers.

Its not a big ask.

• Sad 1