New Zealand North Island coast line irregularities

Hi Team,

Can anyone advise on why I might have these New Zealand North Island coastline irregularities ?

And just as importantly... how to resolve ?

I do have NZ North and South Island and Vector but haven't noticed the coastlines being out of whack until recently.

I did run the Vector Airport elevation tool prior to noticing but otherwise the Vector and NZ NI & SI remain in their order locations of when they were installed (NZ NI & SI and vector are installed into the sim root).

Cheers

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Hello,thanks.

It looks perhaps as if the NZ region is not working as it should be.

Although I have Vector installed and working, it should be

having no effect on the NZ products.

You may need to check your scenery library order and if you have added

any other developers' products that could be amending the coastlines.

2021-11-13_13-2-45-804.jpg

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I cannot think of any 3rd party item that would be affecting coastlines, I do have a few Orbx and other 3rd party NZ airports though, and the orders of Orbx sceneries are as applied by Orbx Central with 3rd party above Orbx.

The above said I did find a screen shot of Ohiwa harbour dated September 2020 where the coastline irregularities did not exist, and guess something between then and now has altered NZNI. Cannot recall of any specifics though.

A verify of NZNI found 55 files needed replacing.

2021-11-13T22:13:47.760Z [DEBUG] [Central::SaturnDispatcherService] - Requesting download and install for product nzni from Saturn.

~

2021-11-13T22:14:03.347Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Required files: 55
2021-11-13T22:14:03.347Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Required chunks: 5

And all good again, although I guess I'll likely find some of my Orbx and other NZNI airports will now need the same process applied.

I'll make my next major flight an around NZ, landing at the various payware airports and keep an eye open for any changes now that I've a marker on the issue.

Cheers

NZNI coastline issues resolved.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Quantum Amiga

Just an update to this issue.

I traced the prob to when I installed Flightbeam's NZAA.

Flightbeam have their own managment tool for configuring their airports with a troubleshooter where it makes recommendations to disable selected Orbx NZNI items and provides a slider to do so.

The slider simply adds or removes a .off to the target file.

Upon review of the xml used to configure the airport I found the following items.

<Troubleshooting>
    <Keyword>*NZAA*</Keyword>
    <Keyword>*4_mesh_multiLOD4-12_FTX-NZNI_section2*</Keyword>
    <Keyword>*0_excl_FTX_NZNI_GUID_all*</Keyword>
    <Keyword>*cvx_FTX_NZNI_water_9445_summer*</Keyword>
    <Keyword>*2_FTX_NZNI_orthoimage_NZNI_LINZ_ManukauHarbour_2m*</Keyword>
  </Troubleshooting>

The "*4_mesh_multiLOD4-12_FTX-NZNI_section2*" section was origionally duplicated in the list above and I thought that might be the issue, however a test showed not so.

The problem is introduced when "*0_excl_FTX_NZNI_GUID_all*" is disabled (via .off).

I'm not aware of the file's design intention however if it is disabled it certainly results in those weird North Island coastline issues, assuming vector is installed.

An easy fix via the Flightbeam Management tool by just sliding file's on/off switch to the left.

However I also had to first navigate to the files directly and remove the duplicates created by running the Orbx Central verify files option.

Just in case anyone else comes across the same or similar issue.

Anyway onto NZAA to check if anything else is affected.

Cheers

Edited by Quantum Amiga
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1