CYVR

Greetings. I landed at Vancouver International Airport and noticed incorrect landscape (see a picture attached) Immediately, I contacted FSIMStudio and he said this absolutely has to do with Orbx mesh. Can anyone please let me know how to resolve this issue?

All Orbx has been set to the bottom of the scenery settings. Still I'm having problems with YVR landscape. Much thanks. 

YVR OCEAN ERROR.jpg

2 hours ago, Villaloha said:

Did I set correct way?

Hello

No you cannot set everything below Default Scenery. As you can see in the pic Default Scenery position is 2nd from bottom of the scenery.cfg

Addon scenery is the bottom of my 3rd party scenery and is set above Orbx Airports and Regions.

I have Tongass Fjords installed and you can see that is set below Airports and Regions but above Orbx Global Open LC.

I have attached an updated Scenery order, the FTX is now outdated.

Think from top to bottom of your scenery.cfg = 3rd party - Orbx Airports and Regions - Open LC - Named Default - Vector - Numbered default - Vector AEC - Default Scenery - Default Terrain at the very bottom :)

Orbx Library Insertion Points.jpg

Orbx Scenery Order.jpg

• Thanks 1

I tried to find "ADDON SCENERY" but it is not there. I am really confused. There are over 200 addons airport in my P3D but not all are activated. I only put a check mark if I will me flying to that airport. The rest is not activated. 

Lastly, I'm deaf so English is not my first language so please bear with me. I rely on photos. If you have a video on YouTube, that would be very helpful.  

I appreciated your help. 

CONFUSED.jpg

Hi

Maybe the below image will help? If not,

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, and we will advise which entry to use as the lowest non Orbx 3rd party adddon.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

875774973_OCInsertionPoints.PNG.bdb5c3632751d2770890ff981656ab08.PNG

• Thanks 1

Thanks

Ok, so using the below image, set the insertion point as shown by selecting your KBNA HP from your scenery list. Then go to settings/help and run the sync simulator function.

Then please repost your scenery.cfg file again so we can have a look. 

OC Insertion Points.PNG

4 hours ago, Villaloha said:

Thank you Doug and I followed your instructions preciously and unfortunately, CYVR is still the same problem (no ocean) and I tested KMRY it worked perfectly. What am I missing sir? 

NEW SETTING SAME PROBLEM FOR CYVR.jpg

Can you please repost your scenery.cfg file again so we can have a look.

• 1 month later...

Greetings!! I followed your recommendations preciously and unfortunately it does not solve. What I have to do is if I’m flying into Vancouver, I would have to change to default scenery before opening my P3D. If I’ll be flying into any Obrx airport, I would have to change to KBNA HP in OBRX’s setting. It’s no fun but that’s the only solution I have right now. My question formOBRX is why do they have to create landscape? it do interferes a lot for another non-OBRX’s airports. 

Hi

You will need to fix the issues that I have outline in your other topic to have success.

Mainly  "Default Scenery" item that is supposed to be second from the bottom of your scenery library....is in the wrong location, and needs to be moved to the original location.

The Insertion point also still needs to be corrected.

So use the attached scenery.cfg and set your insertion point using KBNA HP in the top selection field on the Orbx Central insertion point tool as I have pictured above.

scenery.cfg