Jump to content

A320 landing at NZQN


cyberpilot
 Share

Recommended Posts

It sure is seat of the pants stuff in an A320.

I had a blast above Queenstown in a Pitts special back

in the day. Now that was something to get the heart rate up.

20 minutes full on aerobatics. The pilot kept asking me if I was

okay and I just kept saying just throw everything at it.

That was at least 15 years ago and I still can't get the grin off my face.

 

Kevin

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

I have flown into Queenstown on many occasions but only once did we take this approach.  Interestingly I believe it was the day before the date in the video. 

 

Also what the video also did not show is the spectacular scenery when you are flying down the lake with the mountains on each side.

 

On one visit to Quenstown I also did the flight from Quenstown to Milford,  absolutely amazing scenery.

 

Thanks for the memory,  I wonder when us from Auckland will be able to visit Quenstown again?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rlaycock said:

Hi

I have flown into Queenstown on many occasions but only once did we take this approach.  Interestingly I believe it was the day before the date in the video. 

 

Also what the video also did not show is the spectacular scenery when you are flying down the lake with the mountains on each side.

 

On one visit to Quenstown I also did the flight from Quenstown to Milford,  absolutely amazing scenery.

 

Thanks for the memory,  I wonder when us from Auckland will be able to visit Quenstown again?

I wonder why he did that approach - since the windsock at the end of the runway shows zilch wind - and so why did he not do a straight in 

approach and landing - saving time and Juice ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I wonder why he did that approach - since the windsock at the end of the runway shows zilch wind - and so why did he not do a straight in 

approach and landing - saving time and Juice ?

Hi

I have no clue but I am extremely glad he/she did (so is my wife) 

Best wishes

Bob

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Thanks for that one cyberpilot.  Now I'm off to go try it in msfs with the A320.

After you do please do the flight from Quenstown to Milford.  Following the lake, then find a path through the mountains.  It always brings a smile to my face.

 

My wife and daughter also did the flight from Quenstown to Milford with me.  They still try to embarrass me with the story of when the pilot ask who wants to sit up front next to him, I actually  I pushed aside all others to get to the front.   

 

Best wishes

Bob

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, rlaycock said:

After you do please do the flight from Quenstown to Milford.  Following the lake, then find a path through the mountains.  It always brings a smile to my face.

 

My wife and daughter also did the flight from Quenstown to Milford with me.  They still try to embarrass me with the story of when the pilot ask who wants to sit up front next to him, I actually  I pushed aside all others to get to the front.   

 

Best wishes

Bob

 

Just made that flight.  Loved it, so scenic!

1257983123_MicrosoftFlightSimulator11_6_202110_44_24AM.thumb.png.31f51ebd79c9a6eb0fbfb055642bd660.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 12:55 PM, John Heaton said:

I wonder why he did that approach - since the windsock at the end of the runway shows zilch wind - and so why did he not do a straight in 

approach and landing - saving time and Juice ?

 

The wind at ground level might be doing something very different to that at 2-3000ft, especially in the mountains

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the best landing videos I've seen -beautifully shot :D Definitely a fair weather approach but excellent operation of such a large aircraft in confined airspace.  Have never been there in real life but the Orbx representation scenery is so good I knew exactly where I was at all times in the video! Largest FS aircraft I have done that approach _ Navajo :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...