What size Hard drive.

Dadtom65

Hi Guys. At the moment I have MSFS on a 2tb hard drive with space to spare. I will be getting a bigger hard drive later. My question is if I bought all the Airport and Aircraft plus the all the scenery that’s available what size hard drive would I need. Thanks Derek.

5 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Guys. At the moment I have MSFS on a 2tb hard drive with space to spare. I will be getting a bigger hard drive later. My question is if I bought all the Airport and Aircraft plus the all the scenery that’s available what size hard drive would I need. Thanks Derek.

Well it's a matter of how long your piece of string is. Are you meaning Orbx scenery & Aircraft or all that is available?

As a starting point I can only tell you what I have to give you some idea. I have ( 78 ) scenery's plus ( 3 ) aircraft for

MSFS all purchased from Orbx & partners and installed on a 1tb m.2 drive in an Orbx library that is pointed to another

1tb drive that contains MSFS. and has so far eaten up 165GB. The drive with the Orbx library is 212GB. so total of 377GB

at this point in time. I don't know about you but I think that I will run out of money before drive space.

Hope this gives you some idea, but I suspect that you have a pretty good idea already.

Kevin

I bit the bullet and bought a 4TB drive, all MSFS scenery and importantly Orbx backups are on it, plus a bit of other stuff.  Currently 2TB free of the 3.63 TB capacity.  Orbx backups take up one TB of the used space which includes all the P3D, X Plane and FSX backup files as well..  Orbx in its entirety uses another 433GB.

MSFS itself is on a 465GB SSD which is half full.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Dow said:

I bit the bullet and bought a 4TB drive, all MSFS scenery and importantly Orbx backups are on it, plus a bit of other stuff.  Currently 2TB free of the 3.63 TB capacity.  Orbx backups take up one TB of the used space which includes all the P3D, X Plane and FSX backup files as well..  Orbx in its entirety uses another 433GB.

MSFS itself is on a 465GB SSD which is half full.

I bought 2 x 4TB hard drives a while back now, one has MSFS and Steam, the other has XP11 and all my flightsim backups on.....prices were quite good then ...

• Like 1