KPBI & KCRW ?

JohnE77

On 10/31/2021 at 12:57 PM, JohnE77 said:

KPBI (Palm Beach) & KCRW (Charleston, WV) were on the 2021 roadmap. Any updates on these? Have these been scrapped for now?

Thanks,

John

I’ll add on to the wondering about KPBI-last I remember @Greg Jones had said it was still coming-perhaps a bit delayed by the Orbx UK team doing needed work on other projects.  I flew into KSJC yesterday which came out last august and was in development/beta at the same time as KPBI and was hoping for an update myself.  IIRC-the renders they had were for PBI were quite far along and they were planning on it for both P3D and MSFS.  It’s still 2021 for another month and change so hopefully it’ll still be coming along.  KPBI would certainly be a good Christmas present-I’ll be flying there myself in January.  

edit: Added Greg’s response from last year 

EE9D07A0-8EE1-4E11-94E6-972FA98364D5.png

Edited by FBWFTW

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2021 at 4:29 PM, RichUK said:

Sorry if I missed a reply to this, but would love to know if KPBI is still on the roadmap. I was there just today (local airport). I would love to see it in MSFS!

Happy New Year to you all.

Rich.

The P3D version was supposedly in beta well over a year ago, I’m guessing they either haven’t been able to get around to the MSFS version or have just binned it.  I’m hoping we’ll be surprised.  I’ll be there in a little over a month. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FBWFTW said:

The P3D version was supposedly in beta well over a year ago, I’m guessing they either haven’t been able to get around to the MSFS version or have just binned it.  I’m hoping we’ll be surprised.  I’ll be there in a little over a month. 

Yeah, I guess by the silence this one has probably been trashed. It is a real shame!

Have you been to KPBI before?

32 minutes ago, RichUK said:

Yeah, I guess by the silence this one has probably been trashed. It is a real shame!

Have you been to KPBI before?

Plenty of times.  Once a year since about 2014.  It’s a gorgeous approach down the coast whether you’re landing West or East.  

Hoping to be able to do this in the sim someday-the current one is an absolute mess.  Still has 27R/09L signs on the ground and everything.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

In all fairness…..

…..a guess is just that, a GUESS.  Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised.  That’s my hope 

Also, @RichUK Chewwy94 had apparently reached out re: KPBI and has not heard anything back (at least yet)  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

In all fairness the roadmap does say it's subject to change or re-ordering, doesn't mean it's cancelled

That is of course true. I hope we will be pleasantly surprised as has been mentioned. Just the silence normally speaks volumes lol!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FBWFTW said:

Plenty of times.  Once a year since about 2014.  It’s a gorgeous approach down the coast whether you’re landing West or East.  

Hoping to be able to do this in the sim someday-the current one is an absolute mess.  Still has 27R/09L signs on the ground and everything.  

Awesome vid. Yeah it is a cool approach either way you come in. I like to go to Mounts botanical gardens sometimes with my wife. It is very close to the airport. She gets to look at some cool plants and I get to look at aircraft on very short finals or taking off etc. Cross fingers this airport is being worked on for MSFS!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichUK said:

That is of course true. I hope we will be pleasantly surprised as has been mentioned. Just the silence normally speaks volumes lol!

I know what you mean, I would love it MSFS, yes it's been announced on the roadmap, but with Orbx generally only announcing products within a couple of weeks of release, I'm just guessing we're not in that timeframe yet :)  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 4:45 AM, EasternT3 said:

but with Orbx generally only announcing products within a couple of weeks of release

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/pbisjc

So much for the mold.  It’s been a long long time coming.  The P3D version almost HAS to have been close to done-they were supposedly both in beta at the same time it just didn’t make it out before FS2020 released like KSJC did.  

36 minutes ago, FBWFTW said:

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/pbisjc

So much for the mold.  It’s been a long long time coming.  The P3D version almost HAS to have been close to done-they were supposedly both in beta at the same time it just didn’t make it out before FS2020 released like KSJC did.  

Couple of things, that's just a teaser, I meant the actual announcements found in, https://forum.orbxdirect.com/forum/7-Orbx-preview-announcements-screenshots-and-videos/

Secondly I said generally not every time, for example ESSB was announced earlier in the dev cycle and LKPR has been on the upcoming page for a year or so