Cityscape Brisbane

I installed Cityscape Brisbane this week and now on approach into Brisbane Airport V2 my P3Dv5.2 freezes and than shuts down, I have a fairly high end computer and other members in our flight sim Club are having the same problem.

With Cityscape Brisbane uninstalled there is no problem, it seems to me Orbx released this product before fully testing the program.

The frame rates stay the same at 35 FPS, also after installing the product there is no User Guide 

Regards.

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Just to add to what Nick has said in testing we found that the texture resolution setting was the most important.

I have an 8GB video card and was finding that with both Cityscape Brisbane and YBBN v2 active setting this to Ultra (4k textures) would usually end in a freeze and ctd so, in the first instance, I'd have a go at altering that. With it set to normal I never encountered a problem.

Either scenery on it's own was fine at the higher settings on my machine.

Been simming since FS5 and still wait for the day when I can run areas of heavy scenery with all the sliders to the right :-(

When testing in P3Dv4 I found the frame rate simply dropped when the hardware was struggling with the settings.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

John

Thank you John I will reduce the Ultra setting to normal but I still maintain that when Orbx releases a scenery product be it for P3Dv4 or v5 and have no issues what ever with our current slider settings we then all of a sudden have to adjust our settings to suit a new Orbx scenery product, we should not have to do that

To add as well I have no problem taking off from Brisbane v2 Airport with the settings set to max but only on approach at about 4 Nm from touch down be it  Runway 1 left or 1 right with Cityscape Brisbane installed.

Jacob

1 hour ago, jacobmulder said:

Thank you John I will reduce the Ultra setting to normal but I still maintain that when Orbx releases a scenery product be it for P3Dv4 or v5 and have no issues what ever with our current slider settings we then all of a sudden have to adjust our settings to suit a new Orbx scenery product, we should not have to do that

To add as well I have no problem taking off from Brisbane v2 Airport with the settings set to max but only on approach at about 4 Nm from touch down be it  Runway 1 left or 1 right with Cityscape Brisbane installed.

Jacob

Ever since the introduction of sliders in the sim, possibly back before FS2004 I don't remember, it has been an expectation that all sceneries may or may not require a bit of adjustment in graphics settings. There's no way around it, expectations or not. All scenery products are developed to allow a range of settings to suit a range of computers, and installed sceneries and other add-ons. You can fly the R22 into many sceneries at 50fps, add weather, a PMDG airliner, nav programs etc, it might struggle to reach 15 fps. If the scenery was dumbed down to the highly intensive uses, and I wanted to fly my R22 around, I'd be pretty annoyed I couldn't have settings to take advantage of the simplicity of my settings. 

I have just completed a take off and landing at Brisbane airport v2 with Cityscape Brisbane re-installed, flying a Rikoooo Qantas 747, taking off from Rw 01 and then over flying the City at 3500 ft before landing with no problem.

I have reset Ultra to High-2048x2048, Anistropic 8x and 4xMSAA, target FPS set at 50, during the flight the FPS averaged 45FPS, the CPU over the City was on 35% and my GPU at 5%.

The CP = a Intel Core i7 9700 (Coffee Lake) and the GPU = a ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti

I am happy and for me the issue is resolved, thanks for the replies.

Jacob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This product looks amazing and I really appreciate the work that went into it...

BUT...

I'm just sick of the CTDs I get.  I have tried lowering my settings (I have a high end PC), I have stacks of add on products from other developers including Orbx and don't have this problem, I almost never get CTDs anymore since the P3D fixes in the last year.

I don't know if it's a combination of YBBNv2 and the cityscape, but both together seem to be too taxing at any decent setting (and I don't really want to have low settings just for the times I fly into YBBN).  I do run 3xQHD monitors but the settings I use haven't been a problem for any other scenery from a wide range of developers.

Sadly I have uninstalled the product, hopefully some fixes can be found to make it run normally on a wider range of settings.