This Week's Meaningless Topic (#60) (Oct 30)

Hi all. My wife and I were remembering the several pets we have enjoyed over the nearly fifty years of our marriage. As we remembered, we found ourselves laughing out loud as memories of this animal or that surfaced. Our favorite was a manx cat we called :Fritz the Clown Prince." This guy would do some totally goofy thing, then stop and watch you to see if you got the joke. He would have been a slap-stick comedian if he was human. And that leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: Which of your pets has made you laugh the most?

• Like 3

Of course all my dogs, they all had there little thing that made you laugh. Next would be my tropical Fish. I had a 150 gallon tank with various kinds of 10 to 15 inch South American Cichlids,arowana and a red tailed catfish that liked to have there heads rubbed and be hand fed. :D

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, adambar said:

Of course all my dogs, they all had there little thing that made you laugh. Next would be my tropical Fish. I had a 150 gallon tank with various kinds of 10 to 15 inch South American Cichlids,arowana and a red tailed catfish that liked to have there heads rubbed and be hand fed. :D

I am in awe of a man who has the sensitivity to bond with fish! :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

A friends dog that we used to walk for him, it was a Yorkshire terrier when it thought we had walked far enough he would plonk his but down tilt his head to one side

and refuse to budge. We used to carry a squeaky ball which we would throw and as soon as he heard it land he was up and after it, all thoughts of stopping forgotten  

• Like 3

The first and only pet I have ever "owned."  His name is Ratchet and he's a loving cat.  We got him 10 months ago from a friend who bought a house near us, he was abandoned by the previous owner.  I call him my "woodle" because he makes a woodling sound when he purrs.  He talks a lot and is the most affectionate animal I've ever seen.  He'll sit in our laps all day, he'll demand you scratch his head till he's practically bald, and he follows us around like Mary's little lamb.

But he makes me laugh when he plays with the twine I cut, I call him "Dopey Cat."

And now I know, I mean I really understand how people would say if someone hurt their pet they'd kill them. I never understood that mindset, now I do.

He cracks me up but we love him a lot.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

What a hard question....so many wonderful furry buddies in my past. I have to say that my current furry buddy, Indiana Jones the Cat, has made me laugh far and above any previous furry companion. Not a day goes by that he doesn't touch my heart, make me chuckle with joy and exclaim to my girlfriend "You've got to see what Indy is doing right now!" The amount of entertainment that Dr. Jones gets from the standard cardboard box is amazing. Whenever a package is delivered, he runs to the door, and follows me with the package, fervently waiting for me to get rid of the contents and drop the box on the floor. You would think that Indy's favorite Superhero is The Flash judged by how fast he runs or jumps into said box. Needless to say, Christmas morning Indiana Jones the Cat is in box and paper Heaven :) 

Some great stories from others here too!

Cheers!

Landon 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Landon that this is a tough question.  Both my wife and I have shared a domicile with cats all our lives, and three together in the 43 years.  They have all been lovable goof balls at one time or another.  One cat, mine before I met my wife, was named Hoover.  He was named for the vacuum cleaner, because if it hit the floor it was gone!  Popcorn, olives, potato chips it didn't matter.  Easiest cat to give pills to; toss it on the floor and it was gone.  One day when he was a kitten a bird perched on the top of one of two side-by-side saplings.  Hoover climbed up to a foot from the top, and the bird flitted to the other tree.  Hoover climbed down the one tree and up the other.  The bird hopped Bactrim to the first one.  Hoover climbed down... This went on,back and forth for 20 minutes until the bird got tired of it and flew away.  Then Claymore, the first cat we had together, discovered that if she pressed the button on the answering machine it made a noise.  She did it anytime she wanted attention.  I could go on. Such great, lovable, little clowns.

Ken

• Like 5

I've only had a couple of dogs.  Both of them scatty!   No cats. 

Both dogs were mongrel softies and lived full lives.  The trouble is though that they're also heart breakers and after the last one died on us Sheila and I decided we didn't want to go through that again so we haven't had any pets since.  

We now enjoy other people's and family's pets when they visit or we meet them while out and breathe a sigh of relief when they've gone!  

• Like 2

OK here it is. In the seventies we had a water bed (yeah I know, well it was the latest fashion and we had to go for it. Think floating to your dreams? Yeah right they never thought of people like us having a cat named Tabby (ok mebby not that original since he was a Tabby cat). Anyhow, when ever we changed the sheets down to the bare mattress he would jump up on the bed and guess what he saw? Bubbles, hundreds of little air bubbles. He thinks:" What luck for me I'll chase them down. I watched him "getting" these air bubbles and laughed at first. Then, oh my look at all those little waterdrops coming up where ever he "caught" those little air bubbles. I yelled: "Kathy quick find the glue for the waterbed. Well we got rid of that waterbed pretty quick. Certainly not my Tabby (R.I.P is miss you).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1