Need list of currently available Orbx Xbox products...

craigeaglefire

Assuming you own an Xbox, you can view what’s available in the Marketplace there.

As of today, there is the Optica, NZ Mesh, London Landmarks, Singapore Landmarks and EGLC London City Airport available for Xbox. Onestore (I.e. not Steam)) customers that have purchased these titles through the Marketplace for the PC can access them on the Xbox provided they use the same gamertag across both devices. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Assuming you own an Xbox

well not quite yet, Ed, it is arriving in a few weeks,

so it seemed that I had no way of finding current Orbx Xbox products - as I am pre-planning my Xbox MFS setup,

it would also seem that I have to purchase my Orbx products that I purchased for my Steam PC version for a second time to use with Xbox - in other words I basically pay for London twice if I want it also for the Xbox…

Adding a separate section for XBox on our site may lead to some customer confusion as it may infer that a purchase here will be available on the XBox. We can explore other methods of maintaining a public list of what is available for the console.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Ed Correia said:

We can explore other methods of maintaining a public list of what is available for the console.

that would be great, Ed

& thanks for letting me know what Orbx Xbox products are available now - the actual list was surprising, but enables me to plan deployment…

& lot of purchasing decisions are made using iPad searches, for instance…

1 hour ago, Ed Correia said:

Adding a separate section for XBox on our site may lead to some customer confusion as it may infer that a purchase here will be available on the XBox. We can explore other methods of maintaining a public list of what is available for the console.

Oh I understand. thanks for the clarification

13 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

well not quite yet, Ed, it is arriving in a few weeks,

so it seemed that I had no way of finding current Orbx Xbox products - as I am pre-planning my Xbox MFS setup,

it would also seem that I have to purchase my Orbx products that I purchased for my Steam PC version for a second time to use with Xbox - in other words I basically pay for London twice if I want it also for the Xbox…

Summarising what Ed has said is that at this moment - all the Orbx (and Just Flight etc) that we have bought for the PC is just that - only the PC - and for the same item on 

X Box - we will have to buy again - unless - we have bought items through the Market Place in the first instance.

Which means in my case - I have ceased to buy any more items for the PC - other than from Microsoft for the sim - because I will definitely move to X box so that I can get a better resolution and use my  4K Monitors -- and one day - maybe Orbx and others can come to some arrangement with MS  for 3rd Party direct - or the status quo of their sales thro MS

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:26 AM, craigeaglefire said:

it would be very useful to have a current list of Orbx Xbox products, that can be accessed on PC or tablet...

FYI - to ad to all that is said foregoing in this thread - I stumbled across an easy solution to the OP question and added it 

to the MS discussion forum -   

It'd make sense to have a X-Box section on the website, that would be redundant, like the partners page. And probably add an X-Box badge to the normal product page as well, to show compatibility.

But not on Central, since you buy and manage addons for PC there - it'd be confusing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravenn22 said:

It'd make sense to have a X-Box section on the website, that would be redundant, like the partners page. And probably add an X-Box badge to the normal product page as well, to show compatibility.

But not on Central, since you buy and manage addons for PC there - it'd be confusing.

A little earlier - Ed told us that Orbx were working on something similar - and is certainly a need - because there are a few items - again as Ed said-

are already available on Marketplace -which as far as I can make out are around 10% more than on Central - which at first I  thought that might

be the sales tax - but then both advertise prices MUST include the tax in Australia. 

(Unfortunately - when I get the X box - I have already purchased these items via Central):banghead:

The assumption is - Orbx sells to MS - and MS add a margin

Whatever the situation - Orbx should move heaven and earth to get their product onto a console that has sold almost 7 million despite the

World Wide shortage:o

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

A little earlier - Ed told us that Orbx were working on something similar - and is certainly a need - because there are a few items - again as Ed said-

are already available on Marketplace -which as far as I can make out are around 10% more than on Central - which at first I  thought that might

be the sales tax - but then both advertise prices MUST include the tax in Australia. 

(Unfortunately - when I get the X box - I have already purchased these items via Central):banghead:

The assumption is - Orbx sells to MS - and MS add a margin

Whatever the situation - Orbx should move heaven and earth to get their product onto a console that has sold almost 7 million despite the

World Wide shortage:o

Definitely... and my understanding from some devs, is the XBox limitations aren't that bad, so most sceneries could be compatible with some tweaking.

I'd be curious about the 3rd parties with Orbx Central, since Orbx takes a percentage of their sales, and then if their airports get moved to Marketplace, where MS takes a similar percentage...  ?   Or Orbx would just move their 'native' products over, and the partners would be responsible for their own airports on Marketplace? ( which I think is more likely )

43 minutes ago, ravenn22 said:

Definitely... and my understanding from some devs, is the XBox limitations aren't that bad, so most sceneries could be compatible with some tweaking.

I'd be curious about the 3rd parties with Orbx Central, since Orbx takes a percentage of their sales, and then if their airports get moved to Marketplace, where MS takes a similar percentage...  ?   Or Orbx would just move their 'native' products over, and the partners would be responsible for their own airports on Marketplace? ( which I think is more likely )

No ! - I said somewhere else that the probable reason why so many smaller developers are coming to us via Orbx's Central - is they are looking to the future-

and that's what Marketing is about  - research and planning for the next step.

It is logical - that MS will not want to deal with a Pot Pori  - of suppliers -  hence the bigger boys like - Orbx - Just Flight - etc who have successful years of selling

and installing scenery and aircraft - will provide a wholesale supplier to MS - and MS - for a fee - (as discussed earlier)  - will give Orbx JF - etc - the entry

into the huge X Box  World market via the Market place section of the sim

There is another element to be considered--  in that a major part of the 2020 sim's success - is the huge influx of tiny - "hobbyists"  -churning out massives of

scenery and and other bits and pieces - like mods. - that enter into the sim via the Community files - which doesn't exist- at least at the moment in X Box

I refer of course to the screaming success of Flightsim.to  - and I can only forecast that these blokes - will get an invite to join the Orbx - Just Flight -etc -

wholesale consortium - and work out a method whereby - all this very successful addon stuff - can make it to the X Box as well. They are already selling 

this 3rd party stuff themselves on their web site around 10% more than the producer's own web site.

In summary - a Community type installing system will be made available in the X box software - via the Market Place for chosen wholesalers - as 

is already occurring with 3 or 4 Orbx sceneries - for some fee or addon price DSC structure

Don't ask me how Orbx etc  - and MS - handle Tech support - unless they take responsibility for supplying regular updates - which seems to

be a policy - of MS currently with X Box games 

• 1 month later...

Hello I trying to contact Orbx but im not sure where. first would like to say your city landmarks Dubai are amazing on xbox. please when will Sydney, Brisbane aka all your Australia city sceneries will be available to purchase on Xbox Market Place?? too bad as of now can't take advantage of your Black Friday sale for they are only on PC. Xbox user here. thanks 

• Like 1