Long pause (up to 30 sec) on 5 mile final into KSJC.

Wise87

I've been using P3Dv5 for over a year now with no issues or CTD's. Two days ago I decided to fly into KSJC in the PMDG 737 from KSAN and everything was going great, silky smooth. With airport loaded in the distance, 5 mile final for 30L my sim pauses for up to 30 secs, no CTD and then it resumes and I can land. I can take off with no issues and I did two more flights into KSJC, one from KLAX and another from KPHX. Same thing happened, same location. Again the airport is loaded up as I can see the terminal and runways clearly. I can fly over KSJC into KSFO with no issues. I don't have this issues with any other payware airport and I have tons installed. Any suggestions on what might be causing the long pause?

Note: all these flights where night time arrivals. If I disable the Orbx KSJC and land at the default P3D KSJC I don't have this issue. 

I have the following installed for the area:

Orbx NA LC

Orbx Global Base

Orbx Vector

Orbx KSJC

Flightbeam KSFO

Edited by Wise87

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Have you tried the same approach in a default aircraft to see how much the PMDG aircraft is contributing to the pause. Also if you have the save function turned on in FSUIPC it can also cause pauses. 

I'll try another plane and I don't use auto save in FSUIPC. 

Another thing that can contribute to longer pauses:  Hard Disks.  A lot of the complex scenery areas demands SSDs these days, and the old HDDs just can't keep up, especially if they are 5400 rpm, and the motherboard you are using doesn't have top flight data transfer capability.  Just another thought.

9 hours ago, John Dow said:

Another thing that can contribute to longer pauses:  Hard Disks.  A lot of the complex scenery areas demands SSDs these days, and the old HDDs just can't keep up, especially if they are 5400 rpm, and the motherboard you are using doesn't have top flight data transfer capability.  Just another thought.

Thanks for the suggestions. Below are my system specs. I'm doing another flight now and I'll report back after I land. I may have come across something. 

My Specs added to my signature. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Looks like it might have been a SODE issue. I looked at the SODE log file and noticed a lot of errors with KSJC. I uninstalled KSJC  it but still had log errors. I deleted the KSJC XML and folder from SODE and reinstalled Orbx KSJC and it seems to have helped. I did one flight with no pause. I will do another in a few just to be sure. 

• Like 1