Sydney, Australia - Fascinating Airport History & Beautiful City/Harbour Tour

flsm (Frank)

1 hour ago, paulk said:

Really enjoyed the video, love the aircraft may I ask if you’ve noticed a performance hit with it compared to default MSFS aircraft?

@paulk, thanks for your comment and question.  No perceived performance hit with the Junkers, as far as I could tell.  Had High-End setting on my medium rig for the whole trip with good fps - probably could have used Ultra setting as I am doing now for my next video on YMEN Essendon history and Melbourne City and Bay tour.  Cheers.

15 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

@paulk, thanks for your comment and question.  No perceived performance hit with the Junkers, as far as I could tell.  Had High-End setting on my medium rig for the whole trip with good fps - probably could have used Ultra setting as I am doing now for my next video on YMEN Essendon history and Melbourne City and Bay tour.  Cheers.

Very enjoyable Frank - and a well put together - piece of Aussie aviation history

One very tiny correction which as a Queenslander I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Smithy landed at the end of his flight across the Pacific at what was to become Brisbane airport

Smithy's Aircraft - the "Southern Cross" sits proudly in its own hangar at the side of the road entrance to the airport

Screenshot - via Orbx Brisbane Airport and 2020 drone

Screenshot 2021-10-13 173651.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Very enjoyable Frank - and a well put together - piece of Aussie aviation history

One very tiny correction which as a Queenslander I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Smithy landed at the end of his flight across the Pacific at what was to become Brisbane airport

Smithy's Aircraft - the "Southern Cross" sits proudly in its own hangar at the side of the road entrance to the airport

Screenshot - via Orbx Brisbane Airport and 2020 drone

Screenshot 2021-10-13 173651.jpg

Thanks John.  Of course you are correct, ie his first point of contact in Australia was Brisbane and then he went on to Sydney, Melbourne etc.  He had to get that adulation wherever he could!  He will feature again in my Melbourne/Essendon video which should be out in 3 or 4 days.  Looks like I will have to do a video on Brisbane as well!  Maybe all the Aussie capital cities!  I love this aviation history stuff, especially when there is some Orbx stuff to go with it.  Cheers.

Edited by flsm (Frank)

Very interesting video Frank, well done. I think the old Junkers is quite an interesting addon for a reasonable price.

In the 20s of the last century life was much better, today there are too much computers and updates...:banghead::lol:

Cheers

Andreas

Edited by andiflyit
  • Like 1