Aerosoft and P3D

ReinFlight

From a thread from MS forum :

Hi. I know of a few developers that have shifted their priorities to MSFS over the last year. In some instances, it seems the developers have abandoned P3D or X-Plane outright. For example, Aerosoft has shifted their priorities to MSFS as Aerosoft has said P3D sales have dropped off a cliff

Probably not the news you were hoping for .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Brad,

I know that developers changed there focus on developing for MSFS. From a business point of view completely understandable. But I was aiming at all the airports in the aerosoft catalogue already available for P3D4+ but not yet in Orbx central, like Liepaja or Bratislava. I hope these and others will also come to Orbx central.

By the way I also have MSFS, but I'm not impressed by it. Immersion for me also have to do with a good functioning AI system (like AIG in P3D), reliable avionics, AP, flight dynamics, etc.

Especially AIG is very immersive in my opinion. And furthermore I like the EA.

In MSFS I think the summer landscape is much too green, just like many roads (due to the satellite imagery). I don't have experience with the seasonpacks of Bijan.

Well to summarize all; P3D5.2 is much more immersive for me than MSFS. So I stay with P3D and hope developers will continue to develop for it.

• Upvote 2

A mute point, I'm only saying it so people are aware, you mention AIG, they are releasing their MSFS version hopefully by Christmas. and then the other things you mention, they'll be coming over the next year or so with various releases, I'm not creating an argument, just merely stating MSFS will be in an even better position to provide full immersion mid-next year, which will only decrease P3D development sadly  

• Like 1

Yes I know that AIG is working on a release for MSFS and ofcourse MSFS keeps being updated with system updates, world updates and so on. I know, because I follow the AVSIM MSFS forum. But seeing is believing. Perhaps I should have written: For the moment P3D5.2 is much more immersive for me than MSFS.

Perhaps in a year I change my mind, but still not so sure about that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1