Orange Lines in the air TrueEarth SoCal

I have been hopeful that this would be fixed by now but as it hasn't I decided to record a short video to show the problem. It isn't the only instance of orange lines in the air that I've spotted in the LA area. There are also houses floating in the air to be found in various locations. 

The location of this particular bug is Sierra Towers in West Hollywood on Doheny Rd just off W Sunset Blvd.

https://youtu.be/W0qRcBi6ZsY

Watching the video, it looks like the roof of some building at close range, like some building geometry has gone hay-wire (literally). Will need to hunt this one down and noted as a bug

As for the floating buildings around airports, these are generally caused by flattens being added to airports (mostly default) that often don't need them. Basically it lowers the terrain all around the airport causing things that are placed at fixed elevations to then float in the air. The buildings are likely at the correct elevation but the terrain isn't. The fix for these is to remove the flattens on the airports in question (and this will depend on which airport you are using, i.e. Gateway, payware, freeware, etc).

11 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Nothing to do with the issue you have reported but i have made a couple of adjustments to your scenery_packs.ini to fully optimize it.

scenery_packs.ini 5.82 kB · 0 downloads

Many thanks Jon.

I have downloaded it and will replace mine henceforth.

This is a fresh installation on my new PC and as you see; there are only Orbx/Partner sceneries installed and I left the scenery_packs.ini unchanged. All scenery was installed via Orbx Central. 

9 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Watching the video, it looks like the roof of some building at close range, like some building geometry has gone hay-wire (literally). Will need to hunt this one down and noted as a bug

As for the floating buildings around airports, these are generally caused by flattens being added to airports (mostly default) that often don't need them. Basically it lowers the terrain all around the airport causing things that are placed at fixed elevations to then float in the air. The buildings are likely at the correct elevation but the terrain isn't. The fix for these is to remove the flattens on the airports in question (and this will depend on which airport you are using, i.e. Gateway, payware, freeware, etc).

Thanks for the reply Tony. I experienced this very same issue on my 4th gen PC. When I seen the same issue on my new 10th gen PC with a clean XP11 installation and only Orbx/Partner products installed via Orbx Central. I thought it was definitely time to raise the bug. My Southern California is completely default apart from US Southern California HD. This can be seen in the scenery_packs.ini that I attached at Jon's request.

Just a quick note here, previously similar extended objects have had an obvious starting or ending point. If you follow it one end will probably end in mid air, which will be at the end of the draw distance for the object, the other end will probably be identifiable as an object, and one of the parameters of that object will have a decimal place missing or in the wrong spot. So if you can find the object, anf record its coordinates, it will help speed up a fix methinks.