This Week's Meaningless Topic (#56) (Oct 2)

Hi all. We have often noted that this Forum group is made up of people who are well-traveled, experienced, and wise with the wisdom of hard-knocks. Before we go any further patting ourselves on the back, perhaps it's time to note our deficiencies.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: What do you not know that you wish you did? (For me, it's the foreign language of mathematics)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brad B - I was a good putter and chipper but could just never hit it far enough!  Same with cricket when I was younger, opened the batting for my team and got some good scores with lots of 4's but just never achieved a '6' even when playing on smaller pitches.  Very frustrating! :-

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John York said:

Brad B - I was a good putter and chipper but could just never hit it far enough!  Same with cricket when I was younger, opened the batting for my team and got some good scores with lots of 4's but just never achieved a '6' even when playing on smaller pitches.  Very frustrating! :-

I wish I knew how to play cricket or at least to know what the players are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Learning to fly real world.  When I could pass the physical, I couldn't afford it.  Now that I could afford it, I'd never pass the physical, or even come close.  I'm pretty healthy for an old guy, but I have my limits. (I'm grateful though, I'm in the hospital for a couple days now, being treated for cellulitis; my roommate, 10 years younger than I am, is in far, far, worse shape).

Ken

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Putting is something that should only be done by the St. Andrews Ladies' Putting Club. Putting has no part to play in the game of golf. I played to a 6 for years. Never lower, seldom higher. My putting was atrocious. Neither of my kids can putt and I'll bet if my dad had played golf he couldn't have putted well either. Maybe it's just a genetic thing...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lifejogger think of your baseball where you make runs in a circle.  Well, in cricket you make runs in a straight line from one wicket to the other while your opponent is trying to get you out of the game by hitting the wicket you are running to with the ball before you get there.  

Come to think of it neither game makes much sense but they are a lot of fun.;D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1