How to update MSFS

Opened MSFS and was told that I had a mandatory update before starting--go to Microsoft Store. Went to Microsoft Store and spent an afternoon trying to find anything to do with updating MSFS--no luck. Went to Google and looked up problem for guidance--maze and a labyrinth. Seems to me that this should be a simple click, but's it's not. HELP!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BradB said:

I have more help if you need it Rodger .

John

John, I'm afraid the instructions didn't work for me. I never came across the promised upgrade option in XBOX. All the avenues so far have been blank insofar as finding an options menu for the MSFS program. I'm assuming there's a simple click-to-update button somewhere, but darned if I can stumble onto it. 

5 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

John, I'm afraid the instructions didn't work for me. I never came across the promised upgrade option in XBOX. All the avenues so far have been blank insofar as finding an options menu for the MSFS program. I'm assuming there's a simple click-to-update button somewhere, but darned if I can stumble onto it. 

After you install the XBox app , log out of your MStore account and log back in . Look for three dots in upper

right hand corner and click on them . The upgrades should appear and start . 

6 hours ago, BradB said:

After you install the XBox app , log out of your MStore account and log back in . Look for three dots in upper

right hand corner and click on them . The upgrades should appear and start . 

John, thanks for going to all this trouble. I'll give it a try today or tomorrow and report back. 

• Upvote 1