This Week's Meaningless Topic (#55) (Sept 25)

Hi all. The Autumnal Equinox arrived here in Spokane yesterday, and surrounding vegetation is already well into the celebration. Trees are changing from green to gold, grass is turning tan, flowers are going to fluffy seed. All over the world, autumn seems to be a special season (ever watch the trees turn in Saudi Arabia? They do.). Which leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: Where in the world did you spend your best Autumn?

• Like 4

As far as autumnel trees go we don't see any change here in the sub tropics, leaves are the same all year. I did spend four years in the UK in the early 90's where I met my wife. We had a long weekend in a cabin in The New Forest in autumn and it was memorable, not only for the autumnal colours but we were newly in love!

Wink wink :)

• Like 3

For me, it would be the woods of northern Tennessee right behind my house, when I was stationed there for over15 years. Fall was a wonderfully pleasant time of year there, and the trees change colors there very nicely. 

Landon

• Like 3

My most memorable Autumn was in Japan, 1968. I don't remember the name of the site, but it was a managed forest in northern Honshu as exquisite as a bansai tree. Every tree, bush, rock, and water-feature had been adjusted over the centuries until the whole was perfect. Throughout, there were small shrines and stone lanterns and stone posts placed just so. Because incense was burning in many of the shrines, and because the forest itself had a rich wood fragrance, the place smelled almost sacred. I'll never forget it.

• Like 4

A long vacation in Fiji. A few years back we were there for 5 weeks in Oct.-Nov. and enjoyed every day of our stay. We might have stayed longer but we decided to leave when we finally realized that, no matter how long we waited, the palm trees weren't going to change color.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 9/26/2021 at 2:34 AM, carlosqr said:

Vermont for sure!

And it was my very first one :D .

Unforgetable

XcaNgjd.jpg

I would like to see how it looks like in Paris, Turkey and Chile

Cheers

Wow Carlos! That must've been a great trip flying from the South Americas to a region that sees proper seasons. Great photos mate! So glad you shared some shots.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, boetie said:

Wow Carlos! That must've been a great trip flying from the South Americas to a region that sees proper seasons. Great photos mate! So glad you shared some shots.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme

It was simply magical

I believe this is a season every person should have the chance to see. To live that experience

It puts you in an instrospective mood, it's fantastic, the weaher, the wind, the silence, the birds, the food, the stunning colors, is so beautiful

It's a blessing for all those who may enjoy it each year

I went for around this time, September- October five years ago

Last September week in New York and first one of October in Vermont, 2016

Caged in my heart and mind forever

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 3

This may sound strange, but at work, for many years now. Strange, except I work at a Living History (and Agriculture) museum on 210 acres.  Lovely wood lands, fields and underbrush.  Colors haven't quite started changing yet, but should in ten days or so.

In addition to the lovely colors I love seeing and hearing the many different migrating birds that pass through.

Ken

• Like 4

In Southern Spain for a couple of weeks playing golf in Pro-am's with our Tylney Park Golf club-Pro and another friend.  The golf was mediocre but great fun trying to avoid the cork trees and make the long 'carries'  on the courses but the evenings were superb eating different Spanish dishes in a different restaurant every night.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1