"I have a dream" What if... Orbx took over MSFS from ASOBO?

ba43

I would most certainly pay to see this happen. I'm not at all impressed by ASOBO anymore. The initial simulator was stunning in many ways but that's all been thrown away. Now it's ruined I think by the state of MSFS and it's constant updates, bugs, hot fix after hot fix that still doesn't address any of the myriad of issues that are plaguing the simulator. I am not going to get into specifics, but I'm willing to bet that if Orbx was running the ship, things would get done a lot more professionally than the current company in the drivers seat.

So, can we set up a Go Fund me for donations to see if we can help Orbx buy ASOBO out and get the job done right? I'm in.

Brad

Edited by ba43
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 1

• ba43 changed the title to "I have a dream" What if... Orbx took over MSFS from ASOBO?
2 hours ago, BradB said:

Sorry Brad , I strongly disagree with your statement ; for me MSFS has been amazing from day one . The updates and hotfixes have installed flawless for me . The Sim right now is jaw dropping gorgeous IMHO . I appreciate Orbx continued product support for the Sim , but Asobo continues to improve the Sim on a daily basis . 

I’m with you @BradB.  Cheers.

• Like 1

I think there's a lot of other users who aren't so fortunate to not have any issues. Terrain Morphing, Trees and Buildings popping in/out, (Even using LOD 200 and Ultra on pre-caching in settings), GPS waypoints on plans that are not being followed, CTD's still happen randomly for a lot of people. Some of the updates don't show up in the Store,  (because you have to download the XBox App to your machine and failed to tell users that)

Scenery and clouds quality and other items that looked great before were significantly degraded after SU5 because they needed to drop the quality to attract XBox users when that was released. Anti Aliasing took a turn for the worse as well after SU6. Not to mention a boatload of items that have been logged as bugs on Zendesk that still need to be addressed now over a year into the release. 

Some areas will get updated, others will hopefully as well. (IMHO, Alaska looks horrible even after adding the Orbx Mesh for MSFS)

TBH, this product is still in an ALPHA mode state. How can a product that showed so much potential upon initial release go so many steps in reverse in one year of public release? It's got a long way to go from what at one time looked to be an amazing simulation experience. For myself and a lot of other users, the negatives outweigh the positives.

Like I said, I can imagine how much more advanced this product would be if an established company like Orbx was calling the shots. That's all. Not looking for any debates here, just wishing for a product that makes me look around and go "WOW" , instead of, "Oh look, there's a large block of trees suddenly popping into view, Oh and look at that building that looks like it's melted.

Brad

Edited by ba43
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I agree Brad(ba43) and I also agree with Brad B.  Just as Brad B stated, I haven't had many issues with its performance, and to my own surprise, I have not touched any of the other sims in  the last 6 months.  It's buttery smooth for me, and as more add-ons have been introduced, the visual experience has been stunning. However to your point Brad, there are some issues with some of the scenery areas that maybe Asobo could use some input from Orbx and their expertise as to how to overcome these issues. There's always room for improvement.  That way each party gets to show off their strengths and get better for all of us.  Avid flight sim enthusiast, desiring to get the most out of the hobby.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

I read somewhere recently, not sure where, that Orbx (and I think Gaya) are heavily involved in MSFS World Updates.  Cheers.

Yes, that's a fact.

AFAIK Orbx and Gaya have even been involved in the initial development of MSFS.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, iflygary said:

I agree Brad(ba43) and I also agree with Brad B.  Just as Brad B stated, I haven't had many issues with its performance, and to my own surprise, I have not touched any of the other sims in  the last 6 months.  It's buttery smooth for me, and as more add-ons have been introduced, the visual experience has been stunning.

Same here. Maybe this is, because I only have changed settings via the default UI and never ever have touched any of the MSFS files itself (e.g. for changing the LOD etc.) or have used external programms for file management like many others of us do.

• Like 6