ESSB buildings issue

First of all - the new ESSB airport looks great and no issues with airport buildings / objects themselves. But I have large 'flat' areas of missing (autogen?) buildings all around the airport  - see some example pictures attached. Cleared content.xml and scenery dat files etc. - no change. Seems a bit similar to issue at a couple of other Orbx airports (e.g., there's a similar active issue re: KBUR). Any advice?

ESSB 6.jpg

ESSB 1.jpg

ESSB 2.jpg

ESSB 3.jpg

ESSB 4.jpg

ESSB 5.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey!

We have noticed this issue as well but seems to be a problem with the procedural buildings in the World Update for the nordics and seems to be present in default as well. The best solution seems to be to disable the procedural buildings in the world update but Im not sure exactly how you do that. Can anyone fill in? Know its supposed to be easy :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick response, Marcus!

Disabling / deleting 'Procedural Buildings' for the Nordics update (via content manager) seems to fix the problem for now. Not entirely sure what's 'lost' by deleting the procedural buildings (are these regional autogen 'types'??), but for ESSB at least, everything looks good now.

Thanks again for a great airport (and the quick fix)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Markus, I am experiencing the same issue, but I would not like to remove the procedural buildings from the World Update. This brings more variation into the buildings and especially the Nordic buildings. Is there a long term solution available as well?

8 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Hi Markus, I am experiencing the same issue, but I would not like to remove the procedural buildings from the World Update. This brings more variation into the buildings and especially the Nordic buildings. Is there a long term solution available as well?

Sorry think thats up to ASOBO. As I’ve understood it from the testers this occurs in Stockholm even with our product removed. I didnt get the issue when loading an arrival but if i started at ESSB i got the issue, so maybe there are ways to trick the issue. Apparently similar issues happened in the UK after that world update.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Sorry think thats up to ASOBO. As I’ve understood it from the testers this occurs in Stockholm even with our product removed. I didnt get the issue when loading an arrival but if i started at ESSB i got the issue, so maybe there are ways to trick the issue. Apparently similar issues happened in the UK after that world update.

Thanks for the clarification!

I noted at Frankfurt in testing for the update that there were areas of flat autogen on arrival but a minute ort two later the areas had filled in with autogen buildings.

Something strange is going on in more than once location!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

so maybe there are ways to trick the issue

Based on 3-4 tries - this seems to work for me: (1) delete procedural buildings from nordic update; (2) load ESSB; (3) quit to main menu; (4) reinstall procedural buildings (v quick - only 88kb); (5) reload ESSB. 

So far - that's worked so that I have all autogen showing (no missing areas) and the using the nordic autogen. May or may not work every time - maybe I've just been lucky. But worth a try

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skelly1818 said:

Based on 3-4 tries - this seems to work for me: (1) delete procedural buildings from nordic update; (2) load ESSB; (3) quit to main menu; (4) reinstall procedural buildings (v quick - only 88kb); (5) reload ESSB. 

So far - that's worked so that I have all autogen showing (no missing areas) and the using the nordic autogen. May or may not work every time - maybe I've just been lucky. But worth a try

wow if the solution would be that easy that would be great:)

thanks for reporting back. Im not at my msfs computer over the weekend but if you can report back on if it works and if anyone else wants to give it a go please report back!

5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

wow if the solution would be that easy that would be great:)

It seems not to be the solution I had hoped... My 'fix' seems to work if you're loading into ESSB, but if you then leave the immediate area (i.e., the autogen 'unloads') and then return (i.e., require the autogen to reload)... then lots of buildings are missing again. 

With nordic procedural buildings uninstalled in content manager, though, everything works fine.

Hopefully someone / Asobo can find a fix for this issue soon.

4 hours ago, paulk said:

Hi

Just wondering if it all worked for you?

If so I will download in the morning and try. 

Thanks.

Hi Paul

Yes it works but some buildings are duplicated mainly churches

I'll do a post about the airport and will shoe some of them at the end. It looks very acceptable with the exception of those duplicates. I would say the guy will update it in time

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

Just to add that this issue is ongoing and Asobo related. Reported since the UK World Update, Nordic World update and now the latest update 6.

It does improve if you delete the Procedural Buildings in each of the Updates;

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/egac-and-belfast-issues-from-su5-still-not-solved/452807

To delete that file you open up the Content manager, click on one of the World Updates and click on Unselect. This allows you to choose which or all elements of that Update to unselect.

Choose Procedural Buildings

• Like 2