Jump to content

answered MSFS LOWI Update Clarification


Recommended Posts

Included in the update notification is the statement:

"Note that the default Asobo LOWI is still required to be removed from your content manager."

 

I'm a bit confused by this - it suggests I need to manually remove Asobo LOWI in the Content Manager, (CM), whereas I have always assumed that Orbx Central does that. (Or somehow manages priorities so that the Orbx LOWI shows up)

& if manual CM intervention is required for LOWI then does that mean that it is also required for each Orbx MSFS product I have installed, or their updates?

TTM 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Included in the update notification is the statement:

"Note that the default Asobo LOWI is still required to be removed from your content manager."

 

I'm a bit confused by this - it suggests I need to manually remove Asobo LOWI in the Content Manager, (CM), whereas I have always assumed that Orbx Central does that. (Or somehow manages priorities so that the Orbx LOWI shows up)

& if manual CM intervention is required for LOWI then does that mean that it is also required for each Orbx MSFS product I have installed, or their updates?

TTM 

This got me wondering also TTM?  If this is the case can we have instructions on the process?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes the Asobo LOWI is removed from the Content Manager within MSFS.  If you just remove the LOWI files from the MSFS Official Folder it will simply put them back in.

 

From MSFS go to Marketplace and  then Content Manager, it will show you all your installed products.  Highlight LOWI Innsbruck Airport and there's an option to Remove or Delete or Uninstall I've forgotten which.

 

You can always go back to Content Manager and reinstall without a problem

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No it's pretty well a one off, due to some issues with the Asobo LOWI not being fully excluded when the Orbx one installs.  I'm sure if one day the MSFS SDK provides enough information on file structures permissions and hierarchy, the problem will be solved and an update provided.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, John Dow said:

No it's pretty well a one off, due to some issues with the Asobo LOWI not being fully excluded when the Orbx one installs.  I'm sure if one day the MSFS SDK provides enough information on file structures permissions and hierarchy, the problem will be solved and an update provided.

 

 

John

"Pretty well a one off":)

Thanks for clarification.

Its only a LOWI issue, yes/no?:)

TTM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mapletree1 said:

Where was that made plain before?

Will someone update us if we have too do that with all Orbx purchases? 

 

The MSFS support forum is overflowed by threads an posts regarding this since the initial release of Orbx LOWI almost a year ago.

 

 

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, stiletto2 said:

I just uninstalled Asobo LOWI using the Content Manager.   Very easy!. Works fine. 

 

Rod  

I have done the same.

Although it is a tempest in a tea cup, the reason I sought clarification re whether it was LOWI only, or not, was I began to wonder if other Orbx MSFS products I had loaded into a Scenario, were in fact the Asobo version.:)

TTM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Helo,

the history behinds this goes back to the first simulator update, before which, Orbx LOWI successfully

excluded the Asobo version.

The most common support requests are for a severe bump in the runway but a closer look reveals two of 

many of the airport features, not least the terminal building.

I understand that it affects all addon airports, where there is also an "enhanced" Asobo version.

The solution used to be to remove the files only, which prevented the Content Manager from automatically writing them back.

The most recent change is that the simulator now writes them back if the files are removed but does not

do so if the Asobo version is removed using the Content Manager, as it did before.

Support staff try to keep up with the changes, but it is a moving target.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Helo,

the history behinds this goes back to the first simulator update, before which, Orbx LOWI successfully

excluded the Asobo version.

The most common support requests are for a severe bump in the runway but a closer look reveals two of 

many of the airport features, not least the terminal building.

I understand that it affects all addon airports, where there is also an "enhanced" Asobo version.

The solution used to be to remove the files only, which prevented the Content Manager from automatically writing them back.

The most recent change is that the simulator now writes them back if the files are removed but does not

do so if the Asobo version is removed using the Content Manager, as it did before.

Support staff try to keep up with the changes, but it is a moving target.

 

 

Apologies for coming back to this Nick, but your comment:

 

"I understand that it affects all addon airports, where there is also an "enhanced" Asobo version."

 

Is there a quicker way to identify where MSFS has an enhanced Asobo version & I also have an Orbx version loaded, other than searching Content Manager for each Orbx airport to see if the search also picks up an Asobo version, & deleting the latter?

TTM

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...