Communication breakdowns

Ryan1990

Hi guys, I'm keen to get everyone's thoughts in the recent lack of communication from Orbx regarding some of their products.

Personally I've noticed it's a mix bag regarding what questions they respond to and how much (if at all) they engage with their users when asking questions.

Now I know what they do isn't an easy job and they can't respond to everyone, however it seems to be a change of direction from say last year when they were a lot more transparent about their products. Take Melbourne cityscape for example:

-Oct last year say scenery isn't far away and we're very transparent on issues/ any delays in products...especially across their social media accounts.

SINCE THEN:

- Say nothing for months

- Early 2020 preview scenery in 2021 roadmap

-May this year (survey users asking if they would accept stutters in the scenery as a result of MSFS issues)

- Don't release results and go silent once again

-Aug this year say they are monitoring stabilisation issues in sim and will keep everyone posted

-And once again go silent leaving no insight into what's happening, despite stuttering issues in the Melb location largely being fixed.

I understand this might come off quite whiny, but isn't the point of a forum to engage with users help provide two-way conversations? Giving out select info and then disappearing for large periods of time isn't great for users.

I'm not having a go, but genuinely keen to hear if this is an isolated issue or more of a change in direction for Orbx. If so, it'd be great to get an update from the team so we're all on the same page.

What's everyone think?

• Like 1