Orbx on 32bit system

col1948

My old PC died and I finally got another one, without realising this one is 32bit, my old one was 64bit.  I went to install the Orbx scenery I bought a while ago, when I logged to get it, it told me I owned the scenery no problem but then asking me to install Central, I tried it but it told me it only works on 64bit, so I take it there is no way I use my Orbx on this PC after spending a lot of money on the PC and the scenery.

Col.

I'm on an old age pension and not realising the difference I bought this PC secondhand, whoever had it installed Windows 7 professional 32bit on it.

I did read the only way is to uninstall Wn7 and install Win10 64bit, I do have a laptop that has win7 64bit but it isn't up to scratch to run FSX and Orbx, I have no real knowledge on laptops.

Looks like I lost out, I will have to save up my money best I can to get something else that will run FSX and Orbx, shame I loved it on my old PC and I did buy a lot of scenery too, possibly would have got more but that's on hold I'm afraid.

Col.

The laptop was also secondhand and no disk with it.  If I do manage to get a 64bit Windows I will have to save lots of stuff off this PC first, that will be a task, took me ages to to install stuff on it and get things running, never mind, thanks for all your support, I will see what turns up.

Col.

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

The PC isn't what runs 32 or 64, it's your version of Windows.  I'm surprised any PC that you would have bought to replace the old one would have had a 32 it version of Windows installed.

Assuming that the PC actually has a 64 bit, and not 32 bit, processor.

OK the new Hard Drive installed working OK, Got FSX installed working OK.  Downloaded Central which took ages, kept getting 'connection Interrupted retrying' eventually got it then downloaded Base Pack again got the connection interrupted all the time, eventually got it now downloading Vector and again the connection interrupted.

I'll leave it going overnight hopefully it will be done by morning but I have tone of stuff to download it will be a marathon.

Col.

I was wondering about the connection interrupting message.  I noticed on the main files like Vector and Base pack etc the message came up, but on smaller airfields it never shown.  Do you think more people were downloading those files causing the lag where as maybe not as many were downloading the smaller airfields?

I've downloaded and installed all my British scenery now so got others to do next, going well so far.

Col.

Just opened FSX first time after downloading and Orbx install, went to EGCC Manchester my local airport and grass mounds over the runways, any idea please plus the error I've got in my above post, can't use Central now to download and install.

Col.

grass egcc.jpg

I got Central working again, I had to delete all references to it, every time I went to re-install I got a message saying Central was still running yet I thought I had uninstalled it.

anyway like i said I deleted everything related to it and downloaded a new install for it and so far it is working again, so still downloading my scenery.

So back to the grass mounds on EGCC any ideas please?

Col