terraflora trees 2D or 3D?

coolgovind180

hey all

So i just have a major query....Does terraflora produces 2D or 3D trees? I zoomed in on some and found many are 2D. I do own airport enhancement package by xcodr and that produces 3D trees within airport area...whereas terraflora replaces trees outside airport and in forest region. I am attaching an image below...you can see that to the right side there are 3D treees produces by AEP package by xcodr..whereas to the left there are 2D trees which are from terraflora...so is terraflora only produces 2D treees? please confirm.

pics attached below

1.thumb.jpg.8aa021486f1e2ccdcf6a95d3ffc3fb34.jpg

Just to clarify further...the pics are from near LROP airport to the side of taxiways (near terminal building) which take us to the runway..or these 2D trees are seen nearby airports. Is there a chance they wont be replaced by terraflora...and what i see is infact the terraflora trees only? arent they 3D? In fsx they really looked perfectly 3D...is there some limitation in xplane that they cant be 3d or somethign? is this how terraflora trees are supposed to look?

regards

govind

Edited by coolgovind180

8 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I assure you I will let you know as soon as I get a response from the Devs. 

thank you.

I can confirm with the Orbx terraflora removed those 2d objects on left side goes away...so it only happens with  terraflora...rest all trees look ok but those objects near LROP airport building as I shown in the pic attached looks very bad.

Edited by coolgovind180

I have received feedback:

I think that your initial question about 2D or £D was answered earlier in this topic. Terra flora replaces default textures and in 2D as per the norm in XP.

further to hat the response i have received is here:

"The issue the customer is seeing at some airports is because the developers of those airports(from the airport scenery gateway) have used a type of tree not well suited for the specific climate. X-Plane's default trees are split into categories of climate and temperature. We have developed TerraFlora to match those definitions as closely as possible which results in X-Planes auto generated placement of trees match up with the correct type of tree all around the globe. In these specific airports where an individual has added default trees of a wrong definition(warm and wet rain forest vegetation) to somewhere they do not belong it becomes obvious that they do not fit when the textures are enhanced from Default to TF. Unfortunately changing these types of trees in our library to something more suited for those specific airports would also result in trees globally changing to the wrong type. Then suddenly the Amazonian rain forest may be made of small dry trees instead of the large dense green trees you would expect."

To clarify, no there is not a fix. The trees at airports are not Terra Flora as they are ones used by the dev of the airport scenery or they are default airports which are also in the majority of cases made by Devs and submitted to the Gateway for inclusion as the "default" airport in XP11.

Here is an extract from the Scenery Gateway site where it si stated that all scenery/airport addons must use Laminar Research components (like trees):

Every effort is made to ensure airport submissions on this site are error free, use only Laminar Research components, and can be used with a standard installation of the latest version of X-Plane. If you find a problem with a scenery pack, we encourage you to report a bug.

This is taken from this website:

https://gateway.x-plane.com