Libraries

davenicoll

Hello,

I have cause to reinstall windows 10 after an issue, it wiped my access to Orbx Central..

I had to re download it, but it is now asking for my library outside of the simulator and when I point to the existing populated one it will not accept it as it days it needs to be empty..

I have practically every Orbx scenery so do not want to lose them..

How can I get it to use my existing library..

Dave

Hello,

please rename the folder that you used for your Orbx Central Library by simply adding an X to the name.

Then create a new and empty folder in the same place and with the same name, without the X.

You will then be able to register it as an Orbx Central Library, as you have been trying to do.

Once it is registered, close Orbx Central, delete the empty folder and remove the X from the name of the

folder that contains all of your files.

Orbx Central will then recognise it, it may take some time before its full size is correctly reported, but it

can be used straight away.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

it does work.

Sometimes it takes a while for Orbx Central to "count" the contents of the library after adding it this way.

If they are all showing as installed, it did work, Orbx Central must see them to know that they are installed.

Now try running Orbx Central\Settings\Help\Sync Simulator.

• 1 month later...

Nick, can you help please.  I have been trying to create a clean reinstall of my scenery libraries due to crashing issues.  The P3D sim is now reinstalled and is stable.  I deleted Orbx Central and installed the updated version.  But now however, I try I cannot get Orbx-central-4.1.40 to allow me to see any libraries even though they show in the Libraries list.  If I scan for libraries the program comes back with:

"No Libraries Found"

So, when I try to install any of my products including the free items whether I chose my library or the default, the programs returns:

"Error Error: could not download and save the manifest."

Many thanks for your help.  Could you please also email the response.

Kindest regards,

Liam

• 1 month later...

Hi Nick,

It has been a while as I have been busy.

I have uninstalled and deleted all that I can find of Orbx Central and the libraries I created.  I have reloaded Orbx Central and recreated a library at D:\Orbx Library.

However, when I scan for libraries I get this message:

"No Libraries Found"

When I go to my products and try to install say EGGD and press install, whether I press "prepar3D v5 Folder" or "My Library", I get this message:

"Error Error: could not download and save the manifest"

I have tried running the "sync Simulator" function in Help and it returns:

"Your Prepar3D v5 was synchronised successfully".  Note that the user guide does not open.

Can you help please.  All my attempts to start with a clean Orbx Central set up have failed?

Kindest regards,

Liam