Hi Sniper31

Dadtom65

6 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi. Just found your your local Airport. Wow that is out in the Sticks as we say. How’s your internet connection. :rolleyes:. Just to say some times I like to find where people are from and what Airport is near to them. Thanks Derek.

Lol...actually, my internet connection is pretty awesome...I am on fiber optic and my download and upload speeds are usually around 900 Mbs...I usually don't experience any kind of slow speeds or anything, and between my girlfriend and I, we are usually each streaming a movie or YouTube video while I am flying and no hiccups at all. Also, I have no data caps of any kind. As to my location, even though it may look like the sticks, there are three military bases in the area as well as a ton of military contractors (Lockheed Martin has a huge presence nearby for example) so our data infrastructure in this area is very well established. It doesn't hurt that NORAD is also based nearby ;) 

• Like 7

It definitely isn't suburbia, but doesn't look too far out in the sticks to me, nice big neighborhoods out there...  Only 20 something minutes to Colorado springs.

And those internet speeds are amazing, we are stuck with cable at FD08, 110mb/s down and 5mb/s up.  Decent but nothing like 900 ;) 

That looks like a really cool location nonetheless.  Colorado is beautiful. 

Edited by caleb1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

It definitely isn't suburbia, but doesn't look too far out in the sticks to me, nice big neighborhoods out there...  Only 20 something minutes to Colorado springs.

And those internet speeds are amazing, we are stuck with cable at FD08, 110mb/s down and 5mb/s up.  Decent but nothing like 900 ;) 

That looks like a really cool location nonetheless.  Colorado is beautiful. 

Yes, the eastern edge of Colorado Springs is 20ish minutes away (and encroaching...lol). The neighborhoods out this way are nice and we have a great view of the eastern edge of the Rockies. I go for a run every morning and am greeted to a majestic view of Pike's Peak on most days. I say most days because even though my neighborhood sits on what is considered prairie/range, we are still at 6000' elevation. As a result, Pike's Peak and the surrounding mountains do get obscured with clouds from time to time, especially during inclement weather. Colorado Springs airports' runways are routinely closed due to fog and/or low clouds. The weather is interesting here to say the least, with harsh long winters, but very mild enjoyable summers. And, best thing as far as I'm concerned, NO humidity whatsoever, and very few insects...too high, and too much frozen ground during the winter. Love it. :) 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

(and encroaching...lol)

Lol.  Very true in many scenarios!

31 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

The weather is interesting here to say the least, with harsh long winters, but very mild enjoyable summers.

We have done lots of traveling around the US in the summer, and love the weather.  Sometimes we wish we lived in some of the places we visit, but then realize that winter exists....  Then we are satisfied to be in Florida :D .

35 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

And, best thing as far as I'm concerned, NO humidity whatsoever, and very few insects

No kidding!  That's the only thing I dislike about FL.  (well not the only thing, but the main thing).  Not only is it more comfortable but its more practical, if you spill some drops of water on the floor it might be gone in a few hours, here in Florida its going to be there for days if you don't clean it up! :lol:

Southern Utah/Arizona is my dream place to live.  Mild winters, and its dry too!  I don't mind 110 degrees in the summer as long as its dry ;) 

• Like 1