Any more Orbx TrueEarth regions coming out for X-Plane?

Sims

I been very happy with the Orbx TE products like GB, FL, and CA/WA.  With Vulkan mode, I don't have any performance issue flying process intensive aircrafts. 

Few more TrueEarth region would complete most of my flying places in US.  Any plans to bring TrueEarth to Central/Texas area and New York/East coast area?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Orbx,

The situation changed since I last posted this message. Laminar Research announced X-Plane 12.  The release date is unknown but my guess is 6 ~ 12 months.

I would love to buy some of the Orbx products when you usually have winter sale.

However I am reluctant because they will be obsolete soon with XP12.  Is there any plans for X-Plane 12?  Will the product be supported or at least be given some sort of  "upgrade to XP12" discount?

6 hours ago, Sims said:

Hello Orbx,

The situation changed since I last posted this message. Laminar Research announced X-Plane 12.  The release date is unknown but my guess is 6 ~ 12 months.

I would love to buy some of the Orbx products when you usually have winter sale.

However I am reluctant because they will be obsolete soon with XP12.  Is there any plans for X-Plane 12?  Will the product be supported or at least be given some sort of  "upgrade to XP12" discount?

I guess it depends on how much changes! If the tech is straightforward Orbx has always provided free updates, or discounted when a scenery is given a makeover. However if XP12 requires a lot of new files then Orbx can't be expected to do free updates. 

Without more info from LR it's anyone's guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 11:15 PM, Sims said:

Most XP11 scenery will work in X-Plane 12. It'll look the same essentially (i.e. Without the 3d trees). It's too early to talk about plans as there isn't even an alpha version released yet.

So, with the relase of TE Spain South an upcoming TE Spain North is in the plans I guess... but why did you guys not include Portugal? That would be something like Iberia  South and North releases... is there any particular reason to be only Spain ?

6 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

So, with the relase of TE Spain South an upcoming TE Spain North is in the plans I guess... but why did you guys not include Portugal? That would be something like Iberia  South and North releases... is there any particular reason to be only Spain ?

Not privy to the commercial arrangements but my guess is there's no access to the equivalent data for Portugal. 

10 hours ago, John Dow said:

Not privy to the commercial arrangements but my guess is there's no access to the equivalent data for Portugal. 

How can that be, if imagery of TE Spain South includes the southeast imagery of Portugal ?  The citys of Faro, Beja and Portalegre are included in the imagery, and they are portuguese citys, not spanish, so It doesn't make any sense from my point of view...

10 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

How can that be, if imagery of TE Spain South includes the southeast imagery of Portugal ?  The citys of Faro, Beja and Portalegre are included in the imagery, and they are portuguese citys, not spanish, so It doesn't make any sense from my point of view...

From what I remember in testing we were told that a section of Portugal would show imagery that extends to the edge of the XPlane enforced scenery tiles, but would only have default autogen. That's why the imagery doesn't end at the border as it would in P3D say. 

• Upvote 1