Digital Design Sochi via Orbx Central?

pmb

I saw DD Sochi and think it's really great and want to buy it. Now I am torn between buying it from **** right now or waiting til it will be become, perhaps, available via Orbx Central. Is this planned for release via Orbx Central anytime soon?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

I wonder, is it safe for now to purchase any scenery from Digital Design right now? I previously had they Leipzig-Halle and they quality standard is among the best in line - but they appear to be a Russia based company. And considering the current situation I don't want to give my taxes to Russia (oo offence to the Developer or anyone else. I know they are not in the control of this situation). 

34 minutes ago, Flyer2022 said:

I wonder, is it safe for now to purchase any scenery from Digital Design right now? I previously had they Leipzig-Halle and they quality standard is among the best in line - but they appear to be a Russia based company. And considering the current situation I don't want to give my taxes to Russia (oo offence to the Developer or anyone else. I know they are not in the control of this situation). 

Unless you live in Russia, you do not directly pay tax to the Russian tax authorities.
Orbx should be charging sales tax of the country in which you are resident and remitting it to your local tax authority.

Of course, Digital Design will have to pay income taxes on the revenue that they receive from their sales. However, taxed at seemingly between 6% and 15% of the net revenue they receive, you're talking about the equivalent of $2.96 of today's guideline price of US$19.73 (pre-sales tax) that URSS -Sochi retails for on the Orbx website.

Up to you whether that precludes you from purchasing. I think that any further debate around the situation in Ukraine falls swiftly into politics.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Flyer2022 said:

Sorry, what?  I know you didn't mean this the wrong way, but I almost let it irritate me.  F737NG said it much better.  Let me just add this:

This is an accomplished developer trying to survive a very trying time, in a situation that nobody asked for or supports, outside the Kremlin.

YES.  Buy the damn scenery from DD.  Buy two.  This guy needs some support right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ripcord said:

in a situation that nobody asked for or supports, outside the Kremlin.

Unfortunately, this is not true. I heard already of so much stories of survivors whose friends and even close relatives would refuse to believe them.. and even blame the war on them. Some of the protestors are being harashed by random passer by's, and people put "Z" stickers on their cars. The people who protest and fight worth every piece of support - but sadly the situation is not that black and white. 

I do understand your frustration about my question. But please, do understand one more time that I am not asking about the Developer itself, not accusing or blaming them in anything  - but about how the payment is processed when buying from any Russian based company. I don't support any form of witch hunt, believe me, at my place people took way more extreme measures to distant themselves from anything coming from Russian Federation or Belarus (like dumping food in perfect conidition into the dumpsters). 
I don't have anything against Russian people, and I been in the country several times. And also brought several sceneries for Russia before.

Anyway, I don't want to talk more on this topic. This is a highly sensetive topic for everyone. And as F737NG told - this falls into politics. 
Peace

Edited by Flyer2022

Correct, and the below forum rule applies. So please do not ask here, if it is safe to purchase from a Russian based company, which only provokes political discussion. If it is for sale on Orbx Central, then it is safe to purchase.

1. Posts containing religious, political, sexual, discriminatory, or otherwise controversial/offensive content are not allowed and will result in an instant ban.

23 hours ago, Flyer2022 said:

I always thought DD was Polish. Their website is in Polish, and Stanislaw and Martin show their location as Warsaw. It could well be some of their developers are from a neighbor country, but (treading carefully here) DD appears to be to be good guys. 

Here's their address from their webpage: Drzewiecki Design (drzewiecki-design.net)