YBBN v2 - somewhat underwhelmed with visuals

P3D v5.2HF1. I previously owned v1 of this airport and it was never one of my favourites visually. Yesterday I decided to buy v2 in the hope it would look a lot better.

Sadly it still looks pretty bland and this screenshot shows why. Is that how the real airport looks? If it does then I can't really complain.

What's the purpose of those grey jetway-looking objects? Do pax walk down them to the aircraft? And the terminal buildings look very ordinary too. Not really of the standard I would expect of Orbx.

Where can I see the PBR effects?

Brisbanev2.jpg

Thanks Nick. Agreed the Orbx scenery does appear to match real-world. But look at the northern terminal and jetways as well as those jetway-style structures are visible.

They're missing in the Orbx scenery. Are there any plans for a further update / fix? Where can I see PBR effects?

Hello,

can you show me where you are missing jetways please, I am seeing them in all the places in the images that I posted.

This is what the product information states.

PBR textures on hero assets

I am sure that you will know what that means.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

can you show me where you are missing jetways please, I am seeing them in all the places in the images that I posted.

This is what the product information states.

I am sure that you will know what that means.

Hi Nick. I'll check and report back over the weekend. I haven't a clue what "hero assets" means. Guess I'm getting old.

Gates 26 through to 32 do not have jetways. You are correct in that passengers board by going down the internal stairs within each finger, out through the doors you see at the base and then walk to conventional stairs up to the aircraft. These gates are used mainly for budget carriers and charter flights.

The gates in your image are covered in light coloured panels in real life but do look much better in the sim when you have shadows activated. The PBR setting improves the light/metallic effect of items and is much more obvious with shadows on.

These are screenshots from my install of YBBN.

YBBN5.thumb.jpg.f41df0e7737dd5fb70ece004914bb749.jpg

YBBN6.thumb.jpg.70f19db4826651c4561cd42ce6f960d1.jpg

YBBN7.thumb.jpg.14b9f5e5d93c6398f9620d5b2ab905b9.jpg

This is a broader view of the main terminal with gates serviced by jetways.

YBBN8.thumb.jpg.81f899b48c8e28682d8143fbd1f63ee7.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Graham. Those images confirm my install is identical. I’ll check which shadows I have enabled but I’m pretty sure the important ones are ticked.

What a pity the real world designers couldn’t come up with something more aesthetically pleasing. :rolleyes: 

I'm tearing my hair out with the combination of the PMDG737NGXu and Orbx YBBN.

With 30Hz set and VSync on fps in the sim should be limited to 30. But positioned at 19L C&D Shift+Z shows 22fps. If I turn off VSync it shows 34fps. But if I go into slew mode and move around the micro-stutters are very obvious and it's not smooth at all.

If I switch to a Carenado PC12 everything is ultra-smooth at 30Hz (30fps maintained throughout).

This is with EA/HDR both OFF. I cannot understand why the PMDG737 has such a massive hit at this airport.

In the YBBN Configure screen there's no option for having AUS v2 installed which means the BGLs for YBBN in that package remain active. I've renamed them but really the installer should have that option.

LATER: I've just discovered what is killing performance with the combination of the PMDG737NGXu and YBBN. Dynamic Reflections! Anything higher than Medium kills performance. There is no mention of this in the user guide. There needs to be please. The 1080Ti is still in widespread use so I imagine many others might be affected by this.

Hello,

the YBBN installer does this but of course, only if Australia v2 is already installed and seen by Orbx Central.

2.jpg

Many of us are not lucky enough to enjoy a 1080ti and choose the P3D settings that our inferior graphics cards

can successfully display.

Hi Nick,

I do have AUS v2 installed. Strange. I had to wait a while until the v5 installer was available but it's definitely installed and active. See attached screnshot.

The 1080Ti is hardly cutting edge these days. Surely if guidelines are given for decent performance it should include an option that kills performance. I disabled the Dynamic 3D AutoGen setting but it made no difference. In comparison the Dynamic Lighting change from Medium to High had a seismic impact.

That option really does need to be included especially for PMDG aircraft. My others had no problem with the HIgh setting.

AUSv2.jpg

If we had to list every possible tweak and setting to accommodate every user's pc we'd not only have a User Guide a mile long but the devs would have to find computers that mimic every conceivable configuration, leading to a drain on the electricity supply similar to Bitcoin mining.  Flight sims have always been and will always require users to tailor the options within the sim to suit their own computers, and software.  The PMDG aircraft are well known resource hogs and do require lower scenery settings, however which settings need to be toned down cannot be predicted given the vast array of scenery and other options that can affect it.

26 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Flight sims have always been and will always require users to tailor the options within the sim to suit their own computers, and software.  The PMDG aircraft are well known resource hogs and do require lower scenery settings, however which settings need to be toned down cannot be predicted given the vast array of scenery and other options that can affect it.

John,

You're coming across as very defensive. Yes, settings need to be tweaked for the airport in question but given YBBN has such a huge impact on graphical performance with one critical setting I would have expected some mention of it. Strange how at all my other airports I don't have that problem.

Anyway, I was just trying to be helpful.