Rudder Pedals

Condor

Agreed.  I was kind of forced to get rudder pedals when I got my HOTAS Warthog, as that stick doesn't have a rudder/twist axis, and I was really glad when I made the switch.  They certainly make it easier with crosswind landings, and all directional control, as well as just being more immersive.  The toe brakes are also really handy for taxiing in planes with a castoring wheel.

I bought the Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, and have been really happy with them for years.  Unfortunately I don't think they're available anymore, but as they are so good I could recommend Saitek rudder pedals to be a good brand, as they have other pedals available.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely yes. My throttle, yoke, gauges etc are quite higher end kit but my pedals are Saitek/Logitech which when I purchased them 12yrs ago were quite a reasonable price. They're still going strong and do me fine. Pedals add so much more immersion. Go for it if you can :)

Cheers

Graeme

Edited by boetie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another 'absolutely YES' for some rudder pedals. All the advantages posted by others above I agree with. Once I got my first set I have never not wanted to sim fly without them. 

Cheers,

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Definitely easier ti taxi with rudder pedals. The plane doesn't tilt as it will with auto connected  rudder and aileron. You can also steer using the toe brakes. They also allow you to straighten out the plane when landing at a bit of an angle.

Larry

I'll add another vote: rudder pedals are a must, especially with toe brakes.  Taxiing around the airport is so much easier and more realistic, likewise cross wind landings.  I have both CH and Saitek.  CH very good, though closely spaced.  Saitek better.  Go for it!

Ken