LIEO - Conflict with XEurope

Ok that is odd. I ned to check that the addon is OK first so please rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.bak

Make a new Custom Scenery folder and drag and drop LIEO, Global Airports and OrbxLibs into it.

Run XP and exit.

Open scemery_packs.ini and make sure it is layered from top down like this:

LIEO

Global Airports

Orbxlibs.

For this test it is necessary to have a new Custom Scenery folder rather than using the "Disable" method in the scenery-packs.

There is obviously a clash of scenery somewhere but you have so many addons I need to check if LIEO is actually OK.

Hi Jon, thanks for the help.
Unfortunately, I am not able to make the recommended settings on the computer for a few days. But after that I will of course do it. I will probably be able to deal with it again next weekend. Until then....

It seems disabling "simHeaven_X-Europe-4-scenery" eliminates the problem of unwanted generated objects from XEurope but then with "simHeaven_X-Europe-4-scenery" disabled it will then generate on screen error messages concerning conflicts with "simHeaven_X-Europe-3-extras".

So in order to not lose the capabilities of Simheaven X-Europe at other scenery areas by disabling some, or all of it features I created  "Exclusions" to solve the problem at "LIEO".

Just done some more testing and I get different results. I have X-Europe installed as well so the comparisons should be on an equal footing as far as addons are concerned.

Here are pics of what I see in front of the Tower. No x-europe as far as I can see, but your good eyes need to correct me if I am wrong:)

Capture1.thumb.JPG.61cba07611484f25e5cf431ed6f8741e.JPG

Above Tower view

Capture3.thumb.JPG.0ba300c1dfc1143b5568aba25ec00115.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.cef9729e9322a220af13d7e174922f21.JPG

At the Air Italy hangar I see x-europe but note that my x-europe buildings face North/South where as @RainerBerlin shows the x-europe building East/West

Capture2.thumb.JPG.cfb938822b6f486e06ff934810d36e21.JPG

7 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

The last three screenshots are with X-Europe and exclusions enabled.

Hello Sentry11, this is very convincingly solved.
How can you do that? I had looked at WED with LIEO, but unfortunately I have no experience of how to use it properly.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the accurate feedback.

I've been silently working on the problem, and now I think I can share some feedback on the problem. 

The scenery comes with exclusions already in place, and that's why it was so strange for me to see this happening. In the aerodrome area, there are exclusions everywhere for buildings, roads, powerlines etc. Since I did not test the scenery with X-Europe, I wasn't aware of the problem since you first reported it. 

I've added even more precise exclusions, in particular for autogen buildings, and hopefully it should work.

The mod should be available to public in the first part of the next week!

Cheers,

Vittorio

33 minutes ago, vittoriogreco said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the accurate feedback.

I've been silently working on the problem, and now I think I can share some feedback on the problem. 

The scenery comes with exclusions already in place, and that's why it was so strange for me to see this happening. In the aerodrome area, there are exclusions everywhere for buildings, roads, powerlines etc. Since I did not test the scenery with X-Europe, I wasn't aware of the problem since you first reported it. 

I've added even more precise exclusions, in particular for autogen buildings, and hopefully it should work.

The mod should be available to public in the first part of the next week!

Cheers,

Vittorio

Thanks Vittorio and please see my PM to you today.

1 hour ago, vittoriogreco said:

I saw those in WED too and was surprised that XEurope had overridden them. Thank you for developing a solution.

Hello Jon, I took up "Sentry's" idea and, thanks to his help, created my own exclusion scenery with WED for LIEO, which is very successful (see attachment).

In this respect, the solution is perfect for me. The integration of the scenery into an environment without XEurope also works without errors, of course. But with is nicer.... :)Many thanks for the support.

806189438_LIEOmitWEDkorrigiert.thumb.jpg.efd43713abc65a1780728636f8e4f921.jpg

1400084738_LIEOmitWEDkorrigiert2.thumb.jpg.66879273aee4063811236bcf192d01b3.jpg

• 1 month later...