Pilot Plus research: Complex passenger animations

Pilot Plus

Can't wait for this one... I gotta say that's pretty cool and show's what is possible..I do remember gsx2 coming out and seeing passengers load themselves onto the plane whilst I was doing other stuff was very immersive, I assume that's the kind of thing you are looking at...

Were those PAX getting ready for a flight to Ibiza?...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally some people flow, to bad Orbx hasnt investigated how to implement this on their own airports. Its like Orbx has lost its innovative skills and just release port from FSX with less features than the original. 

How come a single small developer can add this and not Orbx with its huge resources is beyond me. Think im gonna be more selective of what I buy from now on. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 9:30 PM, riverreveal said:

That is awesome!

I looked for clues for a release date in the choreography.... at some points the dancers arms cross and I can kind of see an 'x' (if I turn the monitor on its side and close my good eye)

Ne'X't Week!!!

Release this Friday - 27th August. https://pilotplus.io/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Release-Date-Promo.jpg

Yup......I'm an international code breaker :lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2021 at 3:03 AM, Pilot Plus said:

Of course dancing passengers are not in the final product, this is purely a fun video to show what we have been researching!

I think a flash mob dancing in the terminal or a conga line of passengers heading out to their plane would be brilliant!

Bahahaha! That is Awesome!

Ezy Jet flight to Ibiza is now boarding..

I for one would love to see an Easter Egg (switchable on/off to appease the traditionalists of course) whereby at 2:00am a spontaneous danceparty / rave occurs in one of the hangers or terminals :D.

On a serious note, animations (done well so they're not overdone or look like obvious loops) are exactly the kind of thing we need to see more of in Airport releases in MSFS where the lighting & atmospherics are already approaching realism. It just adds so much to the immersion of being there in a living breathing environment (something we've only been able to mostly do virtually this last year & a bit)

Well done Guys - love your work & you're on the right track!

Cheers.

Humbug !!

- would someone explain to me what the H##l we need all this in a "FLIGHT SIMULATOR":o

dummy - ( and dumbed) -  co-pilots in the cockpits - are bad enough - and are there - or not -  by my choice

It's bad enough to see   on Railway stations in Train Sims - (even if the chicks have good legs):)

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Right on John. As I said in another post, this is (IMNSHO) probably one of the most useless add-ons ever conceived. Does anybody ever fly the airplane anymore? Or is all we're supposed to do these days is look at the eye-candy. End of rant.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Cringe worthy, I'm actually embarrassed for these people making this.  I love long distance flights in complex big jets so how does this help?  And even if I liked low and slow, what am I supposed to do fly through the terminal?  What a waste of a PC's processing power.  Sorry, just my two cents.  If this is where MSFS is going then count me out.  This is more like a sims game.  UGH!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cringe worthy, I'm actually embarrassed for these people making this.  I love long distance flights in complex big jets so how does this help?  And even if I liked low and slow, what am I supposed to do fly through the terminal?  What a waste of a PC's processing power.  Sorry, just my two cents.  If this is where MSFS is going then count me out.  This is more like a sims game.  UGH!

On 8/19/2021 at 11:03 AM, Pilot Plus said:

While in testing, the team has taken time to explore the feasibility of complex scenery animations in the simulator. Here is a fun video demonstrating our initial research so far!

We look to introduce complex passenger and vehicle animations in future products when possible.

Of course dancing passengers are not in the final product, this is purely a fun video to show what we have been researching!

Jack (and other's being negative), maybe before spouting an opinion which yes if fair but unneeded, read the entire post, and as Carlos and John says, they were testing what the SDK can do to help with future development which could add to the realism of our simming world. they then decided to share the findings to bring a smile to peoples faces in a time when the world isn't in a great place. MSFS has so much potential and developers are testing what then can and can't do, also I can confirm internal modelling like this does not have much if any negative impact on performance!

Edited by EasternT3
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with some others, the negative posts are missing the point, it's just showing in a humorous way what is possible. .. pretty soon we should see more animations around our planes, on the apron and possibly in and around the terminal building...adds to the immersion as long as it is not detramental to the performance...

• Like 6