Autogen on runways & taxiways Flytampa KLAS

Hello, I have P3d V5.2 hotfix 1 installed.

This autogen appeared when I turned off the photoreal BGL in flytampa Las Vegas. I want this turned off because the night lighting doesn't blend in at all with Black Marble when it is turned on, once it is off the lighting is perfect! But then this strange thing started happening, I got autogen all over the airport.

Any clues?  If i turn the Photoreal BGL back on then everything is normal... but I would like to keep the photoreal BGL off.  I posed in Flytampa too, but nobody ever gets back to me over there... And i think this is an Orbx problem.

I have Base, Open LC NA, SCA, Trees HD, Terraflora V2 and Building HD installed.

2021-8-17_15-10-1-640.jpg

2021-8-17_15-11-13-727.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 9:36 AM, peja1591 said:

And i think this is an Orbx problem.

Hi

You can disable "Open LC NA, SCA, Trees HD, Terraflora V2 and Building HD" in your scenery library or addons menu by simply unchecking/deactivating them for your test to determine if it is Orbx related. Then you will have only FT, BM and default products activated to see what happens. Orbx Global base can not deactivate because it is a replacement of the default textures, and is highly unlikely to be the culprit.

You could also please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Missed this when posted in August.

To be honest as far as I can see this is hopefully a situation where Orbx SCA is the solution  not the problem.

I have the Fly Tampa scenery installed in P3Dv4 - it should be very similar in v5.

I suspect you have disabled the following three KLAS files in the FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY folder of the SCA scenery.

21687350_KLASfiles.jpg.aed98078df37773b818ee4e88d06944f.jpg

Usually doing this would be good practice but here, since you want to alter the Fly Tampa scenery, it isn't!

If I'm right and you have disabled these files try re-enabling ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl

As far as I can see that should fix the problem.

Disabling the Fly Tampa photoscenery here's what I see with all Orbx scenery disabled.

58173288_KLASProblem1.thumb.jpg.3068b4fdbae5acca9297ea81b210c1bb.jpg 

Here's what I see with SCA active but the 3 files I mentioned disabled.

1919418384_KLASProblemSCA.thumb.jpg.44b0e6fe7c3a05f0146272a2628ee941.jpg

Here's what I see with ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl re-enabled in the SCA scenery.

794884485_KLASProblemSCALASenabled.thumb.jpg.1f58eb67438321fedfb9828b3e75457e.jpg

Basically the photoscenery is an integral part of the Fly Tampa scenery. It comes with it's own autogen designed to fit in with the airport and will suppress any autogen associated with the underlying land class scenery. Disabling it means the underlying autogen is no longer excluded.

The file ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl is the one which does that excluding job over the airport area in the SCA scenery.

Outside the airport perimeter you will see some autogen conflicting with the Fly Tampa custom buildings - that is an unavoidable consequence of turning their photoscenery off.

In summary try the following.

Make sure the Fly Tampa scenery has a higher priority than SCA.

Make sure ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl is enabled.

Disabling the other two KLAS files in the SCA scenery probably doesn't make any difference but remains good practice.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

John

On 12/2/2021 at 1:11 AM, John Burgess said:

Hi there,

Missed this when posted in August.

To be honest as far as I can see this is hopefully a situation where Orbx SCA is the solution  not the problem.

I have the Fly Tampa scenery installed in P3Dv4 - it should be very similar in v5.

I suspect you have disabled the following three KLAS files in the FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY folder of the SCA scenery.

21687350_KLASfiles.jpg.aed98078df37773b818ee4e88d06944f.jpg

Usually doing this would be good practice but here, since you want to alter the Fly Tampa scenery, it isn't!

If I'm right and you have disabled these files try re-enabling ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl

As far as I can see that should fix the problem.

Disabling the Fly Tampa photoscenery here's what I see with all Orbx scenery disabled.

58173288_KLASProblem1.thumb.jpg.3068b4fdbae5acca9297ea81b210c1bb.jpg 

Here's what I see with SCA active but the 3 files I mentioned disabled.

1919418384_KLASProblemSCA.thumb.jpg.44b0e6fe7c3a05f0146272a2628ee941.jpg

Here's what I see with ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl re-enabled in the SCA scenery.

794884485_KLASProblemSCALASenabled.thumb.jpg.1f58eb67438321fedfb9828b3e75457e.jpg

Basically the photoscenery is an integral part of the Fly Tampa scenery. It comes with it's own autogen designed to fit in with the airport and will suppress any autogen associated with the underlying land class scenery. Disabling it means the underlying autogen is no longer excluded.

The file ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl is the one which does that excluding job over the airport area in the SCA scenery.

Outside the airport perimeter you will see some autogen conflicting with the Fly Tampa custom buildings - that is an unavoidable consequence of turning their photoscenery off.

In summary try the following.

Make sure the Fly Tampa scenery has a higher priority than SCA.

Make sure ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl is enabled.

Disabling the other two KLAS files in the SCA scenery probably doesn't make any difference but remains good practice.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

John

Thank you for the replies, unfortunately this did not help, still autogen over the runways... i am completely lost

On 12/5/2021 at 2:21 AM, peja1591 said:

Thank you for the replies, unfortunately this did not help, still autogen over the runways... i am completely lost

Just to check I installed the Fly Tampa scenery in v5 and, unfortunately, what worked for me in v4.5 doesn't work in v5. Like you I've not found a way of disabling the FT photoscenery without autogen appearing over the airport.

The Fly Tampa and Orbx sceneries are working as designed and it seems to me that what you are attempting to do just can't be done in a simple way. I guess you could try creating your own exclude file for autogen over the airport area. Not sure which tool you'd use for that in v5.

All the best,

John

2 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Just to check I installed the Fly Tampa scenery in v5 and, unfortunately, what worked for me in v4.5 doesn't work in v5. Like you I've not found a way of disabling the FT photoscenery without autogen appearing over the airport.

The Fly Tampa and Orbx sceneries are working as designed and it seems to me that what you are attempting to do just can't be done in a simple way. I guess you could try creating your own exclude file for autogen over the airport area. Not sure which tool you'd use for that in v5.

All the best,

John

Lol I honestly have no idea how to even do that. I’ll just leave it as is, thank you!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was any solution found to correct this? I also have several of the mentioned Orbx products installed to P3D v5.3

I wanted to get FlyTampa Las Vegas for both P3D v5 and MSFS, was hoping Orbx would add them both being a FlyTampa partner.

• 2 weeks later...

+1    Not working KLAS P3dVC5.3HF1.    Just by installing i get double airports(Like default + FSDT) When using Holger steps  to remove the Orbx files, i get a pretty weird scenery,  Floating buildings, sunken parts of the airport, etc....  (BTW, installation files are not located like V4, so i wonder if im doing it right....)

7OqEhfvF5aY5v_OlZEG8zRXQAWoKIS2vzNtBxSIX

Im not sure how to get the KLAS above Orbx since they are all greyed out inside P3DV5.....   Not sure if that will work....

Has anyone tryed a working fix for P3DV5?

PD:  My scenery is FSDT KLAS.... not FTPA

Edited by Raphael_Chacon

The fly Tampa forum has more on this problem including advice on which files need to be deleted.  I went rounds on this so much I have actually forgotten what I did to fix the problem with floating buildings, but it can be fixed.  I think there are three or four files that have to be deleted but sorry to say I have forgotten which ones they are.