Introducing Alaska Mesh for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

43 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Looks good!  Does this mean we can fly from default airports and post screen shots with this mesh?  You guys have no airports in Alaska yet....

The answer is YES mate along as you are showing the mountains and glaciers . Same rules with the NZ mesh . 

8 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Looks good!  Does this mean we can fly from default airports and post screen shots with this mesh?  You guys have no airports in Alaska yet....

Really looking forward to this one!
Also looking forward to seeing the Orbx Alaska airports updated for MSFS + new additions - in the meantime - Northern Sky Studios has a good Kenai, Ketchikan and Talkeetna.

• Like 4

This looks amazing! I'm a bit unsure how MSFS mesh works, but will this also fill in a lot of the lakes that are missing from MSFS with water? By default there are a lot of lakes in Alaska that don't have any water in them and are covered in trees. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Is this out? sure I just saw it in Orbx Central?

Yeah just seen this on Central as well

5 hours ago, DaRadicalCavy said:

Is there a rough price we can expect? I'm interested in getting this but very much price dependent as don't fly there a lot but this may change that as love your Iceland mesh 

On Central it's saying £8.23

Edited by EasternT3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fizzelle said:

As there are animals in the game, I'm hoping for some Katmai bears to be visible for a great bush trip experience.

Can Orbx confirm?

Katmai bears.png

I do not think that a mesh product will come with any kind of wildlife.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Yeah just seen this on Central as well

On Central it's saying £8.23

Ah it wasn't on when I posted. Same price as the NZ mesh so makes sense.  Will have a look at some videos and see if worth it or not. Cheers

Edited by DaRadicalCavy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

As there are animals in the game, I'm hoping for some Katmai bears to be visible for a great bush trip experience.

Can Orbx confirm?

Katmai bears.png

Have you tried turning your Fauna setting up to 100% and make sure Fauna marker's are on and tried a low and slow flight around this area ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ftxpolo said:

No release date or pricing information was shared, but i imagine it won’t be far off before it’s released.

This is what I see in my Central :

mESH.thumb.PNG.2d2589482acaf47a7ef7765e1459f5d6.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BradB said:

First day buy for me !! . 

As Brad said - here take my money - please next create some airports and scenery for both Alaska and Pacific North West... too much attention on European areas for my flight tastes. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ravenn22 said:

Really looking forward to this one!
Also looking forward to seeing the Orbx Alaska airports updated for MSFS + new additions - in the meantime - Northern Sky Studios has a good Kenai, Ketchikan and Talkeetna.

Me as well!  Valdez was a favorite.  Should be amazing in MSFS

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MasonDominique said:

Does that mean that Orbx Alaska Mesh is compatible with third-part designer sceneries ?

I already have Kodiak, Ketchikan, and more others.

Will i encounter negative impact on these sceneries like elevation issues ?

+1

I'd definitely like to know the answer before making a purchase. I also have a lot of 3rd party Alaskan sceneries 

Klawock, Kenai, Kodiak and others are generally established along sea-level, so they should be compatible.

About Ketchikan, i am not shure. I assume that Orbx team checked that :P

That was not a problem when Orbx was developing its own alaskan airports. It was a long long time ago >:(

Dom

9 minutes ago, hypercide said:

I've been holding out for Ketchikan, but I expect that it will now ship so that this mesh is a prerequisite for it to display properly. Maybe there could be a few discounted mesh/airport packages. ;)

I love Ketchikan too... and MSFS... and I've been very happily flying from there using a payware addon ;);)

• Like 1

I'd really love to see Juneau. Still out there to be claimed by Orbx for MSFS, many other "Orbx ones" are already made.

Orbx still can position with Junea, Homer, Valdez, etc there are some yet to recover /claim, stamp the Orbx flag on them.

Cheers

Carlos

On 8/18/2021 at 11:28 AM, Airtrooper said:

Does that mean that Orbx Alaska Mesh is compatible with third-part designer sceneries ?

I already have Kodiak, Ketchikan, and more others.

Will i encounter negative impact on these sceneries like elevation issues ?

Hi guys

Still no answer to this question

Can you help me ?

Best

Dom Mason

On 8/18/2021 at 9:32 AM, Airtrooper said:

Lovely screenshots in the initial post, but can we have some side-by-side comparisons with default mesh (including some close ups) so we can see the improvement we're getting please? Many thanks.

Ideally this is the kind of comparison I'd like to see (even without shots of the real terrain this would still be very good... comparison to the default terrain is the main concern).

1618521693356 (2).png

Edited by Airtrooper
  • Upvote 1