True Earth Canaries (and GCLA) issues still unresolved after more than half a year...

Papickx

Most importantly the missing greenhouse models and the offset baked-in greenhouse outlines are a big eye-sore around GCLA. It is very sad that more than half year after release this is still not resolved. See my original (otherwise very positive) review here: 

I have heard back from the Devs.

The main points of response is this:

QUOTE:

It would require recutting all of the orthos which is quite a large amount of work. It needs the time scheduling to do it. Would be around 2 weeks work to recut all the orthos

END QUOTE

This an issue that is noted and will eventually be worked on but as the Dev says it is a major rework of the Orthos.  No time frame is given due to the huge amount of ongoing work on addons for all 3 sims plus now X-Box for MSFS and the time required solely to fix the issue around the baked-in greenhouse outlines.

I hope you understand.

8 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I have heard back from the Devs.

The main points of response is this:

QUOTE:

It would require recutting all of the orthos which is quite a large amount of work. It needs the time scheduling to do it. Would be around 2 weeks work to recut all the orthos

END QUOTE

This an issue that is noted and will eventually be worked on but as the Dev says it is a major rework of the Orthos.  No time frame is given due to the huge amount of ongoing work on addons for all 3 sims plus now X-Box for MSFS and the time required solely to fix the issue around the baked-in greenhouse outlines.

I hope you understand.

Definitely understand the need for time scheduling, but:

a) this should have been taken care of in the past 6 months (maybe at the point when one of the other islands got the colour correction it desperately needed),

b) if recutting orthos takes 2 weeks then your process is super-inefficient, what are your developers doing, using the lasso tool in paint and manually cutting orthos? I sincerely hope you have automated this process... The baked in outlines are hopefully generated by a script using a vector source, and this probably had an unfortunate projection definition mismatch, creating the shifted footprints, or simply the layers were not properly aligned at one point in the process... It would be better to simply remove the baked in footprints then (if the 3D objects for the greenhouses are not being placed anyway, then why bother), then simply render the tiles without the outlines. Again, if this takes two weeks, then your original process was horribly inefficient.

c) this being right next to the only included (beyond question stellar) airport, I cannot imagine how this slipped through beta testing.

It is not a comment to you, as this is all beyond your responsibilities, it is a comment to the devs. In any case, thanks for coming back to me, even though I was pretty sure the result would be a non-action. 

I will come back in another few months to bug the devs again, with probably the same result.

Cheers!