TEGB North - Ireland mismatch

martinlest

I have had the TEGB regions for some years now, but have one issue I would love to fix. As far as I can see, the projected issue of XP11 TE scenery for Ireland did not happen, and so in the three tile areas which are present for Ireland (where they overlap with Scotland: +54-006, +55-007 & +55-006) I am left with an ugly mismatch between the Orbx scenery and my Ortho4XP tiles for the rest of Ireland.

I can disable the dsf files for those three areas, and that leaves Ireland looking good (my Ortho4XP scenery takes over), but then of course Scotland suffers instead.

I wanted to edit the Orbx dsf files in those scenery areas in Photoshop, but of course TEGB North has all its texture files in one huge folder. Is there any way that I can identify which dds files belong to Ireland in those three tile areas? I imagine this must have come up in the Orbx forums before, since everyone who has TEGB North installed will have the same issue with mismatched image files (the Orbx ones are much darker). The ideal solution would be for Orbx to issue N. Ireland & Eire for X-Plane, but I suppose that in the end there were problems and it wasn't possible (??).

Thank you.

There were exorbitant  costs being asked for NI aerial photography which was not worth pursuing as far as Orbx were concerned, for in reality, such a small piece of coverage.

I will have  to ask the Dev about your question but due to the Devs current workload I cannot guarantee a quick response as your query is more of a question of how to modify the addon rather than the addon not working as it should.

I trust you understand:)

@Tony Wroblewski please comment. Thanks

Thanks - any help from Tony appreciated.

I suppose that when TEGB North was created, similar scenery for Ireland was still planned: everything would have matched. When that was cancelled, it left Ireland with these anomalies. Not sure if it is possible somehow to exclude part of a tile area - not in Ortho4XP as far as I know, it's all or nothing. 

I guess one could make the Ortho4XP match the Orbx files, but as the Orbx comprises perhaps less than 2% of the total photoscenery for N. Ireland and Eire, that's not the ideal solution.. an awful lot of Photoshop work, even in batch mode!

Edited by martinlest