Runway markings flashing on and off at certain angles - 65S

I admit I had this issue from the very start when installing this airport so it is not like I have changed anything to suddenly make the above-mentioned problem happen (all the white runway markings flashing on and off at certain angles relative to the airfield). I just didn't bother looking seriously into doing anything about it as I was very busy setting up other things with the sim. But now Winter is here in Oz I have had a lot of time to check off some of the issues I had on my list.

Anyway, this problem is independent of any fsx.cfg setting and independent of any Nvidia graphics card settings. And independent of any scenery settings via the Orbx Central interface.

I have tried to research the issue and I suspect it could have something to do with the way this airport was modelled versus earlier products that were using earlier techniques that were FSX focussed only. Something to do with Z bias ordering or similar and how it is done for P3D versus FSX, even though this product is obviously useable for FSX as well.

So is this something unique to my setup for some odd reason and / or is there anything I can do to resolve it? It also happens on a couple of other more recent Orbx releases but does not happen on any of the older Orbx airports I have that were principally made for FSX only but then later made compatible for P3D.

Hello,

I find that these settings mitigate the effect significantly.

They do not get rid of it altogether.

They also make FSX look better all round.

1.jpg

The attached file combined with these setting will stop the effect altogether but it leaves a light border to the runways and taxiways that you might not like. If you choose to try it, back up the original first.

ORBX_65S_GP2.bgl

Thanks for the very prompt replies Nick. I actually had almost identical Nvidia settings to those you have shown. I did try the file you attached but agree with you that the white outlines all around the runway ad taxi ways are arguably not really worth it in view of the magnitude of the original issue. I think I will just live with it "as is" but again, thanks for the effort to respond and provide an updated file. I am just curious though - does this issue occur in P3D or only in FSX:SE? 

OK thanks. I did have longer term plans to go to P3D when I build my next computer since to really make the big move worthwhile I want a much beefier machine and particularly GPU to really justify all the effort and expense and take advantage of the later DX11/12 features. The eventual move to P3D for me is a longer term inevitability I think, but with the costs of GPUs completely through the roof now (at least in Australia where you are looking at $3K to $4k for the RTX309X series!!), I am going to hold off for quite a while! Can't even buy enough new cars here because of the chip shortages!

Edited by JonP01