Landvetter Gothenburg (ESGG) issue

I have recently noticed that the Landvetter Gothenburg addon airport for MSFS is not working properly. I assume it got outdated after the Nordics world update as that update changed a lot of things inside those countries. The addon airport is working and shows up, but the vanilla airport does so as well and they overlap each other. I assume this can be easily fixed.
Developer Marcus Nyberg created this addon so I'd really appreciate it if someone could contact him and tell him to patch this addon airport. I recently bought it for 17 USD through the MSFS marketplace, so I don't want to have bought something that is broken. 

I appreciate any help!

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

I am not able to replicate this.

Please try this:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Do not add anything else to the Community folder

If you see problems after doing that, please attach a screen shot of htem.

Thanks.

This is what I see at ESGG with all MSFS updates and recent hotfixes installed.

Something your end is amiss but as Nick says, deleting the contents in the SceneryIndexes folder and deleting the Content.xml may well help resolve the issue.

It is recommended to rename your Community folder to something like .old .x or .bak when doing sim updates be they either World Updates or Sim Updates and hotfixes. This can help alleviate issues like the one you are reporting.

Capture.thumb.JPG.570ebe3b20cff19b57c9872af6284fe5.JPG

• 1 month later...

Just flew in to ESGG and for me the ILS on 21 was way off the flightpath.

I have checked on the Navigraph forums and they believe the issue is with this scenery. Can this be fixed?

Edited by razalom

57 minutes ago, razalom said:

Just flew in to ESGG and for me the ILS on 21 was way off the flightpath.

I have checked on the Navigraph forums and they believe the issue is with this scenery. Can this be fixed?

Hey yes, I'm working on it right as we speak.

• Like 2

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Landvetter Gothenburg (ESGG) issue
On 10/6/2021 at 2:12 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey yes, I'm working on it right as we speak.

Thx Marcus. Any ETA on the ILs fix? Just asking since in another post you said you are also working on moving fingers and other improvements which make take weeks for beta testing . Nice but for the time being I’d prefer just a quick ils fix as I like your esgg already now :-)

Hey,

Sorry about this, 

So after all in the initial testing group the overall opinion was to drop the moving gates as even though they looked good sometimes, they also looked quite weird other times as there is no support in the SDK for it and we tweaked the code as much as we could. So final verdict was: if it doesnt look top notch, drop it. So that's where we at.

So to sum it up, the moving jetways are probably not coming and we could have pushed the ILS fix way earlier instead. Sorry about this. No one was a winner this time.

I'll have the build sent for final testing today and hopefully I didn't screw anything up and the fix will be up in the week sometime.

7 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

@Marcus NybergI'm guessing the jetways will be revisited at a later date when they are (hopefully) supported by the SDK? Or is this something you'll carry on working on in the background?

I think the best solution would be to revisit if they update the SDK to support these kind of jetways, think we have done what we can with the current SDK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

I think the best solution would be to revisit if they update the SDK to support these kind of jetways, think we have done what we can with the current SDK.

Thanks Marcus, it's a bit of a shame because you have managed to get them to work partly and for me this is ok as I would prefer this over static jetways, but unfortunately others will complain even if you put a massive disclaimer, let's hope it gets added to the SDK