P3Dv5.2 - Orbx products - FranceVFR products

Hi, after a long back and forth I made my switch from P3Dv4.x to P3Dv5.2 HF1. Now I have to reinstall all my addons, as this PC is a completely new one. Now my question: I have almost all Orbx products as well as from FranceVFR. Can someone please tell me in what order to install? That would help me a lot, thank you very much.

Dieter

Hi Dieter

With your Orbx products it doesn't really matter, the installer will put them in the correct position.

But logic would dictate to start with the Global products, Open LC, then the regions, then the airports etc.

If you open Orbx Central and click on "My Products", then just start from the top of the list and work your way down as they are listed as Global products, Open LC, then the regions, then the airports etc.

Please note, that as soon as you click on Global base, Orbx Central will prompt you to install the Orbx Libraries, just agree with it and let it install the Orbx Libraries first.

Then after you install all your FranceVFR items, start the simulator to let it do it's thing, then shut the sim down and Open Orbx Central and visit the "Insertion Point" tool and set as per the below image.

Then finally, while Orbx Central is open, go to help/settings and run the sync simulator function.

OC Insertion Points.PNG

Hi Doug, thanks for the quick reply. So I'm going to install it that way. One more supplementary question please: If I understand correctly, TE Great Britain does NOT cover Ireland and Northern Ireland. So I probably have no problems to expect, right? Logically, I don't install EU England, since I have TE (Photo scenery), right?

Thanks a lot and have an nice day,

Dieter

Hi Dieter

Yes, Ireland and Northern Ireland should be fine with TEGB.

You can still install England as it provides seasons, which TE does not. TE photo scenery will always override the England region land class when installed together so there would be no issues, but you would always be able to uncheck/deactivate TE in the P3D addons menu/scenery library or visa versa as you wish.

• 2 months later...

Hi Doug,

after a long time (Corona workload in our hospital where i have to work) I come to set up the P3Dv5.2 according to your instructions.

Please ask a quick question:

Should I install Orbx Airports BEFORE or AFTER FranceVFR? Doesn't logic say airports at the end - i.e. "at the top" of the scenerylist? The other airports (Aerosoft, Justsim, MK-Studios etc) before or after the Orbx airports or does it matter?

stay healthy, cheers Dieter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dough,

I'm now installing the Orbx airports. Everything went well up to EGPH - the airport is losdonnert, I am standing at the start of the runway and also immediatly  see the gray "Crashing" window - then the reload to the default airport takes place. do you have a tip for me?

cheers, Dieter