Progress in World Asia

xuehua china

13 hours ago, Eugene Krikunov said:

Hi guys, some information on the progress of OLC_Asia. Work on OLC_Asia is carried out daily and non-stop. In OLC_Asia_part1, due to the difficult mountainous terrain, there were some problems with the slopes, in order to solve them, we had to look for workarounds to solve these problems. Naturally, it took some time. Yesterday's quick tests showed good results, which I am pleased with.

I also want to say that work on OLC_Asia_part2 started long ago and good progress has been made.

OLC_Asia_part3 - while at the stage of creating unique textures and AGNs for this area.

A few screenshots from yesterday's tests.

OLC_Asia_part1

AZ_401.thumb.jpg.6a01d713e45f34c3ca0e53ad97a95819.jpg

AZ_402.thumb.jpg.178f8aff5e2e40a0e92fc8c54279dd44.jpg

AZ_403.thumb.jpg.156795a99f2ece96c8f447de0c3e76b5.jpg

AZ_404.thumb.jpg.edabb13fb0fe053b3e834984c6b3d6db.jpg

AZ_405.thumb.jpg.a15c1455a3b967a66ebe8c0c1aec2b4d.jpg

AZ_406.thumb.jpg.5f6d027d4906f84504c6d216e10cb217.jpg

AZ_407.thumb.jpg.2ea514367c1e276a47e5872e4806ba6d.jpg

OLC_Asia_part2

AZ2_005.thumb.jpg.21de02f1d3980c293fdc5f11e09460de.jpg

AZ2_003.thumb.jpg.1f53124e9cb3eef11912b27fd7e717f6.jpg

AZ2_007.thumb.jpg.280c8f6b561f282e42130aa9107d5a38.jpg

AZ2_008.thumb.jpg.454bf19fc17b03c921accb7d61e3ea2a.jpg

AZ2_010.thumb.jpg.add642d9d1ff1f84cceb0ac2ef79c5c5.jpg

Eugene, thanks so much for the preview photos. They look wonderful! Really looking forward to the day when we are flying them for real.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much for the update on the work involved and sample images Eugene.

Made my day.

Please pass on our thanks to the Team.

Be assured, there are quite a few of us waiting to embrace your work and glad to know we haven't been forgotten.

Aussie

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:25 AM, Eugene Krikunov said:

Hi guys, some information on the progress of OLC_Asia. Work on OLC_Asia is carried out daily and non-stop. In OLC_Asia_part1, due to the difficult mountainous terrain, there were some problems with the slopes, in order to solve them, we had to look for workarounds to solve these problems. Naturally, it took some time. Yesterday's quick tests showed good results, which I am pleased with.

I also want to say that work on OLC_Asia_part2 started long ago and good progress has been made.

OLC_Asia_part3 - while at the stage of creating unique textures and AGNs for this area.

That's great to hear! I am, as many others here are, really happy to see the substantial progress you've made! Really looking forward to the release!

• Like 2

I am happy to learn that there is such progress with OLC Asia and that great care is devoted to its development (such as finding ways to solve the issue mentioned with mountain slopes)!

MSFS might have great graphics, but it still doesn't recreate the environment of flying an airliner (including GSX, AI traffic, ATC, some high-fidelity airplanes, precision of weather with ASP3D, and so on). Can't wait to be able to fly from Europe to Asia using the new OLC.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

On 8/6/2021 at 1:21 AM, wolfko said:

I am not sure, that they are working on all sections simultaneously. They have numbered the sections and my understanding is that section 1 will be relessed first, than 2 etc. But maybe I am wrong.

PS: I am now exclusivly using MSFS, so LC Asia will not be for me, but I am following the "development" of this project and I am feeling with you P3d guys and girls. I really do not understand  why there has not been an official statement about the stage of development by Orbx for the past few months.

And in case the project really has been cancelled, it was best to get unpleasant things over and done with.

Let's assume LC Asia has been cancelled and you're Orbx. What are the pros and cons of making an announcement?

Cons:
1. A lot of people will be pissed
2. Re-affirms the suspicion that P3D and X-plane are at a dead-end

3. Drag other existing P3D sales down
4. Encourage developers to jump ship

Pros:
1. Hmmmm..... hmmmm.... hmmm....

11 hours ago, glj said:

Let's assume LC Asia has been cancelled and you're Orbx. What are the pros and cons of making an announcement?

Cons:
1. A lot of people will be pissed
2. Re-affirms the suspicion that P3D and X-plane are at a dead-end

3. Drag other existing P3D sales down
4. Encourage developers to jump ship

Pros:
1. Hmmmm..... hmmmm.... hmmm....

If Eugene says work is continuing then yes, work is continuing.  It might not be front and centre on the entire team's morning schedules but it will be progressing as resources and other priorities allow.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, John Dow said:

If Eugene says work is continuing then yes, work is continuing.  It might not be front and centre on the entire team's morning schedules but it will be progressing as resources and other priorities allow.  

Would you happen to know if Orbx is still planning on releasing in the 3 segments or if it's going to be a all at once release for Open LC Asia?

48 minutes ago, Agera1204 said:

Would you happen to know if Orbx is still planning on releasing in the 3 segments or if it's going to be a all at once release for Open LC Asia?

Sorry no idea.  I have only the same information as you, and I think the expected schedule has been posted in this thread further up hasn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

@John DowWhat he said, is a good thing. That means it's likely that it'll see the light of day. Kudos to them for soldiering on. 

• Like 1