Progress in World Asia

xuehua china

I don't even bother asking any more.  It's clear that Orbx is mainly focused on developing products for MSFS, so openLC for P3D is on the back burner.   The one way, way in the back.

I'm still perplexed that the developer won't even bother to provide a progress update.

At this point, I've resigned myself to not having any more openLC scenery.  Besides, once MSFS becomes a stable, mature platform, I'll be switching to it as well, so won't need openLC anyway.

Dave

Edited by dave302
  • Sad 1

Well, that's you, but I and I'm sure many others are still very interested in openLC Asia, because we will continue to use P3D, as it will also be improved on - but please, let's keep this thread clean of sim vs. sim discussions.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

In Australia we have an expression: "there is a near queue and a far queue - this seems like a far queue"

I too am approaching 80 and I believe this project is the final one with FSX compatibility (my dinosaur choice of sim like many others) - my plastic and hopes to see it await.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi xuehua china, I have a question for you. When I look up "xuehua," I find three possibilities: (1) translation as "snowflake." (2) a town in Yunnan + two other towns named xuehua elsewhere. (2) a light beer named Snowflake [Xuehua]. Are any of these behind your choice of callsign? :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hi xuehua china, I have a question for you. When I look up "xuehua," I find three possibilities: (1) translation as "snowflake." (2) a town in Yunnan + two other towns named xuehua elsewhere. (2) a light beer named Snowflake [Xuehua]. Are any of these behind your choice of callsign? :)

This is my name

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xuehua china said:

I'm still waiting to fly to India, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and many other beautiful places in Asia.

Same with me. I keenly await to re-fly my Asia travels, probably starting with India...

• Like 3

The last I heard was that 'Asia' (the remaining part of the LC world) had been divided up and was to be worked on as individual sections.

An update telling us how each section was going would be welcome. Is any area in beta? What has been put on the backburner?

I have a feeling, the section I am waiting on may be the last.

Aussie

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

The last I heard was that 'Asia' (the remaining part of the LC world) had been divided up and was to be worked on as individual sections.

An update telling us how each section was going would be welcome. Is any area in beta? What has been put on the backburner?

Aussie

I am not sure, that they are working on all sections simultaneously. They have numbered the sections and my understanding is that section 1 will be relessed first, than 2 etc. But maybe I am wrong.

PS: I am now exclusivly using MSFS, so LC Asia will not be for me, but I am following the "development" of this project and I am feeling with you P3d guys and girls. I really do not understand  why there has not been an official statement about the stage of development by Orbx for the past few months.

And in case the project really has been cancelled, it was best to get unpleasant things over and done with.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Aussie

There are three parts, West Asia, Russia, East Asia and Southeast Asia

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Needless to say, I'm still very much waiting for OpenLC Asia! :):D

Come on guys, the world feels a bit limited when you can't fly to Asia for such a long time. Please... I can think of a ton of interesting destinations just for the first part, the southwest.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mikealpha said:

Î think those waiting since ages for this might deserve a statement of the actual state of this project and its future.

Indeed, a little notification would be motivating. Once the interest is gone, it is gone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed, a little notification would be motivating. Once the interest is gone, it is gone.

Once the interest is gone, it is gone ......... gone to MSFS I'm afraid for you Gents . :(:(

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I've just recently flown several time above the Sahara and traversed Saudi airspace on my way to Dubai. It's just awesome, the desert is especially well done.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I've just recently flown several time above the Sahara and traversed Saudi airspace on my way to Dubai. It's just awesome, the desert is especially well done.

Was this in RL or a Sim Lars ? .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Another month and no news from Orbx. :(

I specifically log in each morning to scroll down and check the forum.

Doing a forum search, I think it is over three months since a Developer or Orbx have commented.

Aussie

Just this morning I was thinking the same thing: We haven´t heard any news this quarter on the completion of OLC. A little sign of life would be nice...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Eugene Krikunov said:

Work on OLC_Asia is carried out daily and non-stop. In OLC_Asia_part1, due to the difficult mountainous terrain, there were some problems with the slopes, in order to solve them, we had to look for workarounds to solve these problems. Naturally, it took some time. Yesterday's quick tests showed good results, which I am pleased with.

I also want to say that work on OLC_Asia_part2 started long ago and good progress has been made.

OLC_Asia_part3 - while at the stage of creating unique textures and AGNs for this area.

Hi Eugene, you made my day, not to say my week with this progress report.

Great shots of Sri Lanka, the Karnataka region, Bangladesh, the western Himalaya, the Kazachstan plains, even Siberia and the far east Kamchatka. It will be a pleasure to fly there!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2