Update by Austin Meyer on Future of X-Plane

Dusterman

FS Elite has an interview with Austin on the future of X-Plane. In it Austin states X-Plane will not go the MSFS route and will continue the "plausible" scenery route, aimed more at real pilots who want the most accurate aircraft simulation.  Also showed a short preview of the Airbus A330 that will be part of the base package. Great to see we will continue to have multiple paths for flight simulation.

• Like 6

For me, I think The aircraft in MSFS are pretty poor  as far as diversity goes. I don't feel the aircraft developers have done much of a job, not like the scenery developers who have given us so much to choose from. Only my opinion.

Don  

• Like 2

I agree with your point Don, my only thought is it’s easier to develop scenery over airplanes, especially higher fidelity aircraft,   give more time and we should see more diversity in MSFS,

I wonder if Orbx are planning more aircraft as well?

• Like 2

was interesting stuff, no timescale seems available, I still fly XP for two reasons, 1-some great addon planes I own & 2-Just Flight still developing for Sim and as a BETA tester it's a great thing to be involved in......however currently I do fly mostly in Orbx TE areas, I think I would more than likely upgrade to v12 when it comes along, there are some things I like in all my Sims......

• Upvote 2