Jump to content

AI ship software (payware) released for MSFS SU5


YoYo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I see its released!

 

"Seafront Simulations releases today 2 new products to overhaul your default AI ship and leisure boat traffic in Microsoft Flight Simulator.Vessels Enhanced AI replaces the default with high quality, night lit yachts, catamarans, motorboats, fishing boats, cargo ships and cruise ships with this global add-on. Vessels Global Shipping adds around 50,000 routes and tens of thousands of high-quality, PBR, night-lit utility, fishing and cargo ships. Includes wakes with Sim Update 5!"

https://orbxdirect.com/product/seafront-enhanced-ai
https://orbxdirect.com/product/seafront-global-shipping 

 

BUT, what about bundle cheaper version if we take both addons right away? Pls think about it too :smile:. It will be nice to see bundle version. Both products look like a complement to each other. Personally I have only default AI ships in MSFS, set up for 50% and I never saw any ship in MSFS LOL ! (I dont use free Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V1 of Henrik, just default setting).

 

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just idea :) because I saw this NOTE: Requires Vessels: Enhanced AI (for traffic, so looks like I cant use default ships for this and I need both product so I have no idea why they are sold separately ;>).

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 dependent packages, at $30 for what Henrik's Global AI Shipping has been doing better for years with over 1000 custom ship models? ( also being updated to native/PBR models, night lighting and wakes ).

Why not global river traffic, or something that already hasn't been done well?

Global AI Trains would be huge! :P

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ravenn22 said:

2 dependent packages, at $30 for what Henrik's Global AI Shipping has been doing better for years with over 1000 custom ship models? ( also being updated to native/PBR models, night lighting and wakes ).

Why not global river traffic, or something that already hasn't been done well?

Global AI Trains would be huge! :P

 

Agree with both ;). Notice only that Henrick's addon its a port from P3D version, it could bring FPS impact (more than native MSFS ships). Henrick addon is developed for many years and actually has a huge vessels base, from sailing ships to even military ships (I use it from yeras too in My P3Dv4-5 and its fantastic free addon made of heart). If in this addon we have native MSFS models colud be nice but I dont know still why this package is divided if the one needs second.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

on a side note - have you ever noticed "leisure boats" in MSFS?   You'd see them in FSX/P3D - but I can't say that I've ever noticed them in MSFS. I know they have models in the SDK...  I do have that slider set to 5 or 10 - but I can't remember ever seeing any ;)



 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, ravenn22 said:

on a side note - have you ever noticed "leisure boats" in MSFS?   You'd see them in FSX/P3D - but I can't say that I've ever noticed them in MSFS. I know they have models in the SDK...  I do have that slider set to 5 or 10 - but I can't remember ever seeing any ;)
 

 

I never saw any AI ship traffic, also leisure boats :D. My slider in MSFS for Ships is set to 50%. In P3Dv5 I have for 16% and I see a lot of them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was intrigued by their original idea, but after checking out the demo and realizing that it was 5-6 of the same static cargo ship model copy/pasted and the populated marinas weren't noticeable, unless you flew directly over it, and looked straight down... in 3rd person.  Some of the animated boats were nice - but not enough to keep it. Demo was uninstalled in 30 minutes.

I never understood the model of "paid scenery for very specific marinas and small regional areas", but maybe it's just me. 

I like the Orbx City sceneries and have a bunch of them... and honestly, you fly through them a couple times right after you first buy it - then never again - but at least you can see it from whatever major airports are nearby. You get a proper accurate skyline that doesn't turn into mushy triangles ;)   And their priced well.

Making leisure boats work globally would be interesting, though, if priced right...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, YoYo said:

Btw. On Avsim is a bigger topic about this addon which explains a bit more:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/603665-seafront-vessels-enhanced-ai-and-global-shipping/


Interesting... it does confirm my suspicion that they only have 5 ( large ) ships models that'll you'll see 1000s of times. Aside from not really being able to see the populated marinas from a useful distance in the Channel Islands demo - the thing that instantly killed it for me, was seeing the same cargo ship model 6 times within a 20km area. 

Also, the argument about using high-poly models.... at least the way I fly - I'm looking at the ships from 0.5 nm away or more - I'd prefer low poly efficiency and variety ( esp regional variety )   

I thought Henrik's subtle dig on them using Turbosquid models was kinda funny...  then I got curious...

Product Screen
610131b0a43bd.jpg

$30 Turbosquid model
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-cargo-container-ship-300m-1475530

Also... floatplane wake on a cargo ship? ;)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought it, havent tested much, but the wake effect was kinda dissapointing.. Also so far I have seen just 3 different large ships, and 1 fishing vessel. Hopefully there is more, but I kinda regret a little bit that i paid 55$ for this:p. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ravenn22 said:


Interesting... it does confirm my suspicion that they only have 5 ( large ) ships models that'll you'll see 1000s of times. Aside from not really being able to see the populated marinas from a useful distance in the Channel Islands demo - the thing that instantly killed it for me, was seeing the same cargo ship model 6 times within a 20km area. 

Also, the argument about using high-poly models.... at least the way I fly - I'm looking at the ships from 0.5 nm away or more - I'd prefer low poly efficiency and variety ( esp regional variety )   

I thought Henrik's subtle dig on them using Turbosquid models was kinda funny...  then I got curious...

Product Screen
610131b0a43bd.jpg

$30 Turbosquid model
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-cargo-container-ship-300m-1475530

Also... floatplane wake on a cargo ship? ;)

 

 

55 AUD for only 5 ( large ) ships models that'll you'll see 1000s of times! This then should be a freeware. I am not sure how come its being sold as a payware. I am not sure what the future developments are going to be. Sounded like a promising product. But disappointing to hear it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kaboki said:

I bought it, havent tested much, but the wake effect was kinda dissapointing.. Also so far I have seen just 3 different large ships, and 1 fishing vessel. Hopefully there is more, but I kinda regret a little bit that i paid 55$ for this:p. 

 

The price is EUR 16.76 and not 55$.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, wolfko said:

 

The price is EUR 16.76 and not 55$.


The price is 16.92 + 27.08 AUD  = 44 AUD  plus whatever taxes.  both packs are required to have shipping. That's why people are taking a hard look at what you actually get for that cost.

Edited by ravenn22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, wolfko said:

I have.


Curious what your settings are - I did a test last night with leisure boats at 60% and still didn't see one.

Also, a general thought - if Boats and Ships sliders require you to set 60-100% to see anything - what's the point of 0-60% ?  Pretty unintuitive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, wolfko said:

 

The price is EUR 16.76 and not 55$.

 

Well i paid 55 Australian dollars....  Still think the price was high compared to what I got. Have no idea what it ended up being in kroner wich is my local currency. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Got to say, this is far below the usual high Orbx standard, and I regret buying it.  The wake effect is really quite bad from most angles. It looks like something (possibly a laser of some kind) is being repeatedly fired out the rear end of the ship. Also, apart from one or two places, even with it ramped up to 100 I'm not actually seeing any shipping.  I tried emailing their "support" to see if anything could be done about the wake issue and got zero response. 

Hate to say it, but this feels like a cash-grab pure and simple. Avoid.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...