Seafront Simulations Vessels:Enhanced AI and Vessels:Global Shipping released

60ed3422e3bf2 copy.jpg

Seafront Simulations releases today 2 new products to overhaul your default AI ship and leisure boat traffic in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Vessels Enhanced AI replaces the default with high quality, night lit yachts, catamarans, motorboats, fishing boats, cargo ships and cruise ships with this global add-on.

Untitled-3.jpg

Buy_Button.png

$16.92 AUD

Sales tax will be calculated at checkout where applicable.

US$12.49 | €10,52 | £8.96

USD, EUR, GBP estimates only

Vessels Global Shipping adds around 50,000 routes for the high-quality, PBR, night-lit utility, fishing and cargo ships that is available with the Enhanced AI product (sold separately.)

Includes wakes with Sim Update 5!

Untitled-2.jpg

Buy_Button.png

$27.08 AUD

US$20.00 | €16,83 | £14.34

• Like 3

Do you need to enable off-line AI traffic to let the ship routes come up? In FSX/P3D flightplan files were used for the shipping routes, so if you put the AI slider to 0 (I do in MSFS sine I only use on-line AI) no ships show...

Edited by Er!k

5 hours ago, Er!k said:

Do you need to enable off-line AI traffic to let the ship routes come up? In FSX/P3D flightplan files were used for the shipping routes, so if you put the AI slider to 0 (I do in MSFS sine I only use on-line AI) no ships show...

The user guide available on the webshop (Vessels Global Shipping - Orbx (orbxdirect.com) ) says to set boat traffic to between 60% and 100% to properly enable

See the General Options below. Under traffic you can adjust the relevant boat sliders. I don't have the Seafront Simulations assets so cannot confirm a good traffic percentage though 

image.thumb.png.993a401a9409d6a579e5a49d6c12181e.png

Edited by AT.Flight
Added screenshot from the MSFS options page
  • Thanks 3

On 7/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, Orbx said:

60ed3422e3bf2 copy.jpg

Seafront Simulations releases today 2 new products to overhaul your default AI ship and leisure boat traffic in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Vessels Enhanced AI replaces the default with high quality, night lit yachts, catamarans, motorboats, fishing boats, cargo ships and cruise ships with this global add-on.

Untitled-3.jpg

Buy_Button.png

$16.92 AUD

US$12.49 | €10,52 | £8.96

Vessels Global Shipping adds around 50,000 routes and tens of thousands of high-quality, PBR, night-lit utility, fishing and cargo ships.

Includes wakes with Sim Update 5!

Untitled-2.jpg

Buy_Button.png

$27.08 AUD

US$20.00 | €16,83 | £14.34

It says here that it includes tens of thousands of high-quality, PBR, night-lit utility, fishing and cargo ships - how does that fit with the developer stating on Avsim that the package includes 14 ships in the Enhanced AI and 5 ships in the Vessels Global Shipping? It apparently has tens of thousands of repetitions of 19 ships, but one would expect Orbx not to promote a product in such a misleading way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, kl791 said:

It says here that it includes tens of thousands of high-quality, PBR, night-lit utility, fishing and cargo ships - how does that fit with the developer stating on Avsim that the package includes 14 ships in the Enhanced AI and 5 ships in the Vessels Global Shipping? It apparently has tens of thousands of repetitions of 19 ships, but one would expect Orbx not to promote a product in such a misleading way. 

Product features and descriptions have been provided by Seafront which is also on their site. 

https://seafrontsims.com/global-shipping

I would gather that if you take those 19 ships and multiply by the hundreds of routes you’ll get thousands of boats and ships across the globe. 

49 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Product features and descriptions have been provided by Seafront which is also on their site. 

https://seafrontsims.com/global-shipping

I would gather that if you take those 19 ships and multiply by the hundreds of routes you’ll get thousands of boats and ships across the globe. 

Hi Ed,

Yes, that is a way to calculate, but it isn't really what it is saying. Independently of whether Seafront sent you misleading information, towards consumers Orbx will in most countries be seen as the selling part and thereby responsible... what is between you and Seafront is then your issue... So maybe it would be a good idea to go back to them and get it changed to something more clear and correct. I am a big fan of Orbx and all the quality products coming straight from Orbx during the years, but this kind of communication isn't Orbx style... The above product does have value but sell it as what it really is and not as something inflated, which will then disappoint people and harm your brand... As I have my own ship project (which by the way over the years always required FTX as base to work properly in FSX and P3D)  I saw many comments on this shipping add-on with people expecting something really fantastic with loads of different ships  - all based on the above communication - and I have had to answer questions on compatibility and differences with my project - and then yesterday someone ask the question "but how many models does it really contain because the pictures are all the same few models..." and the answer was 19... that is if you buy both packages... even I who have spent three decades in global marketing was surprised....

Henrik

Edited by kl791
double up of quotation
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Thanks Hendrik,

now that I re-read what has been provided and what you have posted here, I have edited the release post and the product page to remove any ambiguity. 

Thanks Ed :D

Better. Nothing against the product but it should be presented as what it is. We all want MORE and better nautical activity in the sim. I (and a lot of others I know) still hope Larry's BC ferries will be upgraded from P3D/FSX to MSFS... Larry's add on is fantastic and missing in MSFS. I started my project inspired among others by Holger Sandmann's early projects.

Henrik

• Like 3

What Hendrik notes is 100% true for me. I bought both products immediately because the description talked about thousands of ships and routes. But mainly because for me the reputation of Orbx is so good (I have bought countless products for FSX and P3D from this company) that I thought the product matches their quality. After the installation I was shocked and - honestly, I feel ripped off. A few models that are constantly repeated, at an outrageous price. I will not be requesting a refund. But Orbx would do well to remove this product. Sorry, but I'm really upset. 

Kurt

• Like 2

To me this was rather clear from the beginning. When they say tens of thousands of routes I figured they would probably not have modelled and textured tens of thousands unique ships. And then I realised they didn't say how many models it would contain, so I figured probably not many... And now I learn that it's five(!) models in the Global Shipping add-on. That will result in a LOT of repetition judging by the data they base it from. So yes I would agree that for 5 models it IS overpriced. 

• Like 1

• Ed Correia unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, tonyberinson said:

I don’t see any ships. I flew out of Sydney and nothing … what am I doing wrong ?

help! 

Did you fix this at all? I have ship traffic to 100% but hardly see any ships at all, almost none. I tested even around the shipping lanes between Dover and Calais where there should be tens of ships all within sight.

2 hours ago, AndrewUK1990 said:

Did you fix this at all? I have ship traffic to 100% but hardly see any ships at all, almost none. I tested even around the shipping lanes between Dover and Calais where there should be tens of ships all within sight.

no nothing i am about to ask for a refund on this - even with the latest update - there was nothing.

Tony

8 hours ago, tonyberinson said:

no nothing i am about to ask for a refund on this - even with the latest update - there was nothing.

Tony

Ok so it seems mine isnt broken then, it just doesnt add many ships. I do occasionally see ships in the open ocean or just typically a long way from land but they are very occasional even in some of the major shipping areas I have flown so far.

In the end I have since added the free mod "Global AI Ship Traffic" from flightsim.to and now I can see ships everywhere. Flying between dover/calais on my last flight I could see about 5 ships which would be pretty typical of that area. It seems both the free mod and the Seafront/Orbx pack work ok together so Im going to stick with the Orbx addon to see if it improves but I will be more hesitant with future purchases I think after this one and a few others recently that haven't been as good as I hoped.

Edited by AndrewUK1990

• Orbx locked this topic